About the school
ESMT Berlin, established in 2002, is one of the top 10 business schools in Europe and the highest-ranked business school in Germany. It is one of the 25 leading global schools that offer master’s, MBA, Ph.D. programmes, and executive education. With an interdisciplinary approach, the school offers a discourse on politics, business, and academia. Moreover, the business school is a non-profit private institution of higher education and is accredited by AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS, and FIBAA. Being highly reputed, the school has over 991 students representing 98 countries in the year 2022. Besides full-time admissions, thousands of executives participate in ESMT’s executive programmes each year. With 43 faculty members from 18 countries, a 9,000+ alumni network, 36,000+ pass-outs from executive education programmes at ESMT, and a €124 million endowment, ESMT has established itself as an excellent business school for higher education.
Where is the school located?
The main campus of ESMT is in Berlin, Germany.
Life at ESMT Berlin
Primarily, ESMT Berlin offers courses in a hybrid and online learning mode. Since 2021, ESMT has invested heavily in adding hybrid technology to its auditoriums to ensure continuity in imparting education. For those who attend the school, ESMT Berlin offers an inclusive, diverse, and equitable working and learning environment. You will be studying and spending time with like-minded people from diverse backgrounds. You can also join some student clubs, including the Consulting Club, Entrepreneurship Club, Extra Sports Club, Innovation & Technology Club, Marketing Club, Meraki Club, Net Impact Club, Soccer Club, and Women in Leadership Club. Overall, life at ESMT Berlin is filled with academics and extracurricular activities to prepare you for a competitive future.
Additional benefits of studying at ESMT Berlin
ESMT Berlin provides opportunities to 1000+ top international students and young professionals who join every year. Also, because of its central location in Germany, students get early exposure to startup culture, a chance to interact with passionate individuals, follow the latest business developments, and explore their fields of interest and expertise. ESMT also offers several scholarship programmes, and career guidance.
moderate continental climate
Berlin Brandenburg Airport (BER)
- Ranked #1 Business School in Germany and #8 in Europe - Financial Times
- ESMT Berlin is one of only four business schools in Germany to hold the accreditation “Triple Crown,” the highest distinction of quality for business schools.
- Accredited by AACSB, AMBA, FIBAA, and EQUIS.
- Ranked #12 in Europe overall, #1 in Germany, and #4 in Europe for Entrepreneurship - Bloomberg European B-Schools Ranking 2022-23.
You can choose from master's programmes, MBA programmes, or enrol in Ph.D. programmes.
- Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent) with excellent grades. You can still apply if you’re in the last year of your bachelor’s degree
- Less than 24 months of postgraduate work experience (excl. internships)
- A score of 100 points in the TOEFL, 7.0 in the IELTS, or 850 in the TOEIC
- No English proficiency test is required if English is your native language
- Above-average and well-balanced GMAT or GRE score. The GMAT/GRE requirement can be waived in case of strong evidence of outstanding quantitative skills
- Completed application - including essays, and a letter of recommendation
- Individual interview in person or online Application Procedure Furnish the following information:
- Basic personal details
- Academic and professional background
- Short essay
- Transcripts from all higher education institutions attended
- One recommendation (form provided by ESMT)
- GRE/GMAT and TOEFL scores ### Application Screening Process Your application will be reviewed by the Admissions team, and if approved, you will have a short interview with an administrator or professor. Upon clearing, your application will be reviewed by the Admissions & Scholarship committee for scholarship consideration. If found eligible, you will be notified about the same. Enrolment: Proceed to submit your fees upon receiving confirmation. The tuition fee is approximately €32,000. This tuition fee covers all courses, teaching materials, orientation, and career support. It should be paid in three installments over two academic years. Living expenses account for approximately €1,200 a month. ESMT has partnered with business schools worldwide for international exchanges. These partnerships include renowned institutions like Aalto University in Helsinki, Finland; Bocconi University in Milan, Italy; Copenhagen Business School in Copenhagen, Denmark; HEC Paris in Paris, France; IE University in Madrid, Spain; and many more.
After completing the Master in Global Management program at ESMT Berlin, you can apply for internships with a minimum duration of 12 weeks and a maximum of up to six months. Being located in Berlin, you will readily find internship opportunities here. Additionally, you are also allowed to explore cross-border opportunities in countries like France, Japan, and more. Companies that hire ESMT graduates include: - Amazon (Project Management) - EY (Consulting) - Mercedes Benz (Financial Reporting) - PUMA (Global Collaboration Interns) - Tesla (Business Operations)
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from ESMT Berlin
Source: ESMT Berlin
Last updated: 11 Oct 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at email@example.com. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.