Effective Date: 21 May 2018
What's in these Terms?
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Who we are and how to contact us
- What is unacceptable use of our site?
- We may make changes to our site
- You must keep your account details safe
- How you may use material on our site
- Rules on linking to and from our site
- We are not responsible for viruses
- Our responsibility for loss or damages suffered by you
- How we may use your personal information
- Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
1. Who we are and how to contact us
Prodigy Finance Limited (“Prodigy Finance”) is incorporated in the United Kingdom (Company Number 05912562) with its registered address at Palladium House 1-4 Argyll Street, London, W1F 7LD. Prodigy’s main operating address is Hardy House, 16-18 Beak Street W1F 9RD, London United Kingdom.
Prodigy Finance is authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (firm registration number 709641) for certain consumer credit activities and for investment activities for investors who have agreed to its terms. Prodigy Finance loans are offered to eligible borrowers who are studying outside of their country of residence and the loans are governed by English law.
To contact us, click here for our e-mail and telephone contact details.
3. What is unacceptable use of our site?
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party; or
- not to attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
Any violation of our system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability. By breaching these provisions, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
4. We may make changes to our site
Our site is made available free of charge. We may update and change our site from time to time. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to financial advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist financial advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
5. You must keep your account details safe
By registering as a user or subscriber to any of our services portals, you choose you own user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures. You must treat such information as confidential, keep it safe and not disclose it to any third party or allow any third party to use your information to access our site.
For your own safety, Prodigy Finance does not have access to your user log-in information. If you have forgotten any of you user log-in information or know or suspect that anyone other than you know your user identification code or password, you must promptly change your log-in information, by using our reset password functionality on the log-in page or by contacting us at email@example.com to lock your account and/or change your password. We have the right to disable or lock any user profile, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
6. How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use. You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
7. Rules on linking to and from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval or endorsement by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it and have obtained our prior written consent for the link. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
8. We are not responsible for viruses
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
9. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products or services to you, which will be set out in our product or services terms and conditions of supply.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
10. How we may use your personal information
11. Which country's laws apply to any disputes?