UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN - DEARBORN
College of Engineering & Computer Science
The University of Michigan-Dearborn was established in 1959 after the Ford Motor Co gifted $6.5 million and some 200 acres of land.
There was no looking back then, and now the University’s school of engineering has advanced to rank 177 among the best engineering schools in the US. It also ranks 5th among the top public schools, and 30th among regional universities in the Midwest.
Michigan University’s mission is to create and disseminate inventive interdisciplinary research that benefits various economic sectors, with a particular emphasis on work that contributes to the greater good.
Accomplished individuals who graduated from Michigan University include Grace Marie Bochenek (industrial engineer and director, School of Modeling, Simulation and Training, University of Central Florida) and Paul D. Rogers (director, TARDEC).
Living in Dearborn offers individuals a vibrant suburban atmosphere, with most inhabitants owning their own homes. The town is renowned for its diverse attractions, including many bars, restaurants, coffee shops, and parks.
What courses can you choose at the University of Michigan - Dearborn - College of Engineering and Computer Science?
There are plenty of courses available for you to choose from:
- MS in Software Engineering
- MS in Engineering Management
- MS in Computer and Information Science
- MSE in Robotics Engineering
- MSE in Industrial Systems Engineering
- MSE in Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- MS in Human-Centred Design and Engineering
- MS in Data Science
- MS in Program and Project Management
- MS in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
- MS in Artificial Intelligence
- MSE in Automotive and Mobility Systems Engineering
- MSE in Mechanical Engineering
- MS in Information Systems and Technology
- MSE in Electrical Engineering
- MSE in Energy Systems Engineering
- MSE in Automotive Systems Engineering
How to secure admission at the University of Michigan - Dearborn - College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Application fee: $60
- Average GRE score: May vary depending on the course
- Mean TOEFL score: 84 (internet-based), 220 (computer-based)
- Average UG GPA: May vary depending on the course
- Recommendations: May vary depending on the course
- Language eligibility test: TOEFL, IELTS, MELAB
- Tuition fee: Up to $26,946
- Health service/health insurance: UM International Student and Scholar Health Plan (IHI)
- Total annual cost of admission: Up to $43,320
Scholarships for international students at the University of Michigan - Dearborn - College of Engineering and Computer Science
The University recommends private loans, as there is no provision for financial funds or scholarships from the University.
Dearborn, MI campus
Upper Mid Eastern US
The temperature generally ranges between -6.7°C/20°F and 28.3°C/83°F
Windsor (YQG) Airport, Detroit (DTW) Airport
Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -4)
Fast facts about the University of Michigan - Dearborn - College of Engineering and Computer Science
- University enrolment numbers: 8,224
- Living alumni: 650,000 +
- Master’s students: 1,982
- International students: 870
- Countries represented: 78
University of Michigan - Dearborn - College of Engineering and Computer Science job placement
- The placement rate stands at 78%, while the median annual salary is $78,000. All available temporary job opportunities at the Dearborn Campus for students can be accessed through the Job Search feature.
- University Human Resources offers various resources for Career Development, including tools for career self-assessment, job search assistance, and career planning information.
- More than 75% of students engage in part-time work. The University provides opportunities for internships, co-ops, and student employment.
- International students can explore non-work-study job opportunities through the careers.umich.edu website. They can also apply for internships and college co-ops that offer fee waivers or cash compensation.
- Applicants, particularly those interested in internships and co-ops, should direct their applica
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from University of Michigan - Dearborn - College of Engineering & Computer Science
Last updated: 30 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.