UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND
Smith School of Business
About the school
The University of Maryland - Robert H. Smith School of Business aims to provide students with unparalleled education that helps them gain indispensable business skills and knowledge to empower themselves for a better future. Students are given the freedom to unleash their creativity and find innovative solutions to the challenges of the current business world. The institute thrives on its forward-looking curriculum and deep connections to global business, government, non-profit, and professional networks. The Smith School of Business is a premier, global business school, a recognised leader in education and research, with a rich mix of innovative programmes. The key features of this business school are its world-renowned faculty and diverse community. The institute boasts 246 faculty members, 196 staffers, students from 38 states (86 countries), and an alumni network of over 65,800 worldwide and over 35,000 in metro D.C.
Where is the school located?
The key campus of the Smith School of Business is in Maryland, and here are its details:
Life at Smith School of Business
The University of Maryland - Smith School of Business provides opportunities for students to participate in extracurricular activities alongside their academic commitments. Students can join various clubs targeted towards academic pursuits, as well as personal interests and affinities. Some key associations on campus include the MBA Association and the Smith Masters Student Association, both of which help students expand their network, meet new people, and further develop their business skills. The Smith School of Business strives to ensure that all members of the Smith community feel welcomed, valued, and proud of every aspect of who they are. The school embraces the TerrapinSTRONG vision of creating a more inclusive campus where all students can realise their fullest potential.
Additional benefits of studying at Smith School of Business
- Commuter Friendly Campus: The University of Maryland Department of Transportation Services (DOTS) provides a full range of parking and transportation services to a diverse community of more than 50,000 students, faculty, and staff in the City of College Park.
- Merit Scholarships: There are Merit Awards and Military Veteran Fellows and Scholars Awards to keep students motivated.
- Comprehensive Resources and Amenities: Students can take advantage of the on-campus and off-campus residential opportunities, along with exceptional international student services, career services, counselling and mentorship, and health and wellness services.
College Park, MD campus
College Park, Maryland
Northern United States
Reagan Washington (DCA) Airport
Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5)
- University of Maryland - Smith School of Business is ranked #14, Executive MBA, U.S., Financial Times, 2022
- Ranked #21 for Flex MBA by U.S. News & World Report, 2024
- #4 ranking in Online MBA by Fortune Magazine, 2022
- #4 ranking in Master of Finance by Financial Times, 2022
- #9 ranking in MS in Marketing Analytics by QS, 2022
University of Maryland - Smith School of Business is a comprehensive business school offering top-ranked degree programmes at every level and executive education courses. With a Maryland Smith MBA, students will be ready to adapt, innovate, and lead fearlessly in a constantly evolving world. There are various graduate programmes run by the business institute with an impressive cohort of classmates, top-ranked faculty, worldwide Maryland Smith alumni population, and a curriculum strengthened by global thought leadership in finance, management, innovation, entrepreneurship, and digital strategy, applied to the daily challenges facing each industry Students must refer to the admission procedure and documentation of the selected course before starting the application process Admission Procedure Students with 3-year bachelor's degrees are eligible if they meet the following criteria: - 3-year bachelor’s degree earned in a country with 13 years of pre-university formal education - 3-year bachelor’s degree and a post-graduate diploma from a nationally recognised institution in a field closely related to the field of study - Students are not eligible if their sole qualification is a 3-year bachelor’s degree from a country with 12 years of pre-university education Students need to submit the following along with their application: - Essay - Resume/ CV - A transcript/mark sheet and copy of diploma/degree received if this information is not listed on your transcript - Letter of Recommendation - GMAT or GRE (optional) - Candidates for the Full-Time MBA programme must not submit their GMAT or GRE scores. Please note that if you are applying for a dual degree, the second programme may require the GMAT/GRE or if you are pursuing a dual degree in Business Analytics, Information Systems, Finance, or Marketing Analytics.- All non-domestic transcripts and diplomas should be in the original language and accompanied by a literal, certified English translation. In addition, an international degree certificate/diploma will be required for international applicants. - TOEFL or IELTS (required for non-native English speakers) - Student Visa
- Solid Industry Ties: The Advisory Councils at the University of Maryland - Smith School of Business keep students engaged with industry leaders and experts who bring their real-world experience to help shape what students learn, match classroom lessons to real-world needs, and widen the pipeline for internship and job opportunities. With more than 66,000 alumni globally and partnerships with prestigious companies, organisations, and foundations, it is one of the most significant of the 12 colleges and schools at the University of Maryland in College Park.
- Expert Career Guidance: The Office of Career Services partners with Smith students to provide various resources and help them with services like career coaches, resume reviews, mock interviews, and massive career fairs. The team helps you focus on your career targets so you can actively engage in job search conversations from when you arrive on campus.
- Effective Coaching and Mentoring: Your professional career coach is an advocate who helps you impress employers and connect with alumni, thoroughly preparing you for career success. Alumni Mock Interviews are conducted to provide current students with expert preparation for internship and full-time career opportunities.
- Job Placement Support: Find internships and job opportunities on HireSmith, the career portal, and expect a huge return on investment after graduation. Students are hired by recruiters from the Big Four and other top companies such as IBM, Deloitte, Amazon and Google.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from University of Maryland - Smith School of Business
Last updated: 26 Oct 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at email@example.com. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.