UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND
College of Computer and Mathematical and Natural Science
About the school
The University of Maryland - College of Computer, Mathematical and Natural Sciences explores applications of mathematics, high-performance computer graphics, virtual and augmented reality, and visualisation in science, engineering, medicine, and the arts. With various courses for undergraduate students, Master’s degree students, and Doctoral students, the institute has launched several initiatives, like the Maryland Cybersecurity Center, Maryland Centre for Women in Computing, and more. The strategic collaboration between the University of Maryland, College Park, and the University of Maryland, Baltimore, has helped the institute to develop long-term relationships with its alumni, philanthropists, foundations, corporate and government partners, and peer institutions.
Where is the school located?
Here are the details of the campus of the University of Maryland - College of Computer, Mathematical and Natural Science
Life at College of Computer and Mathematical and Natural Science
There are more than 650 Student organisations on campus, ranging from athletic clubs, cultural organisations, social fraternities/sororities, academic honorary societies, and career-focused organisations. Popular organisations that are easily available on TerpLink are: the Association for Women in Computing, the Charles R Drew Pre-Health Society, the Graduate Resources Advancing Diversity with Maryland Astronomy and Physics, the National Organisation for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers, the Out in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, the Physicists of Underrepresented Genders (formerly Women in Physics), and more. Student organisations provide students with opportunities to connect with classmates who share similar interests, prepare for their careers, make an impact on the community, and gain other valuable experiences.
Additional benefits of studying at College of Computer and Mathematical and Natural Science
- Inclusive Student Support: In addition to clubs and societies, students have access to various types of resources. The CMNS Teaching and Learning Centre (TLC) promotes excellence in teaching and learning in the sciences. The organisation promotes conversations on teaching and learning for faculty, postdoctoral scholars, and graduate students, shares teaching innovations, and discusses pressing issues in undergraduate science education. Students also have access to Financial Aid, Assistantships and Fellowships
College Park, MD campus
College Park, Maryland
Northern United States
Reagan Washington (DCA) Airport
Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5)
- Strategic partnerships with NASA, JQI, CRESST II, QuICS, National Institute of Standards and Technology, ESSIC, and JSI
- The institute secured two cooperative agreements with NASA worth more than $150 million for research in the space sciences and Earth system science
It is recommended to review the UMD's general admission requirements, the programme's specific deadlines, and any additional requirements before you apply. Applicants must submit the following: - Bachelor's Degree: Applicants must possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution - Statement of Purpose - A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 is required - Official transcript(s) - Letters of Recommendation - Graduate Record Examination (GRE) (optional), GRE Subject (optional) - CV/Resume - Writing Sample (optional for Ph.D., not required for M.S.) - International applicants must hold a degree that is equivalent or comparable to a four-year U.S. bachelor's degree - Proof of English proficiency: You must obtain the minimum score in the following exams to be eligible- TOEFL Internet-Based exam: 80, IELTS: 7, and Duolingo: 115.
- Impactful Career Assistance: The University of Maryland - College of Computer, Mathematical and Natural Science students have access to career advisors and programmes personalised to their unique career interests in STEM fields. Students and recent alumni interested in meeting with University Career Centre staff can reserve an appointment on Handshake. Students can meet with a career advisor and get student-driven and personalised advice and programming explicitly tailored for STEM majors.
- Extended Support: Career guidance is available to all CMNS Master's students and recent graduates up to one year after graduation. CMNS doctoral students may seek support from the university's centralised University Career Centre and the President's Promise Office. Still, they may also find it helpful to access services through the Graduate School's Professional Development and Career Services.
- Effective Job Search Support: The University Career Centre CMNS helps with job search strategies (networking, follow-up etiquette, informational interviews, etc.), developing customised application materials for desired industry or field of choice, preparing for interviews, salary research, making contacts within a specific industry, internship search strategies, and major and career exploration.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from University of Maryland - College of Computer and Mathematical and Natural Science
Last updated: 09 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.