UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON
Cullen College of Engineering
Established in 1941, the University of Houston - Cullen College of Engineering offers a range of interdisciplinary graduate courses in subsea, aerospace, materials, and computer and systems engineering. The college is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Houston University’s Cullen College of Engineering aims to educate engineers to address society's complex technical challenges, advance knowledge through research, and contribute to economic development and public service.
The Master's course in subsea engineering is the first of its kind in the US, while the chemical and mechanical engineering courses rank among the top nationally. U.S. News & World Report ranks the college 69 among best engineering schools nationwide.
The engineering college has produced several distinguished alumni. They include Maurizio Cheli (European Space Agency astronaut), Nancy Currie (NASA astronaut), and Bonnie Dunbar (NASA astronaut).
Houston is renowned for its diverse population and robust economy, hosting numerous Fortune 500 companies alongside thriving local businesses. Houston also boasts a vibrant cultural scene that caters to a wide array of interests.
What courses can you choose at the University of Houston - Cullen College of Engineering?
You have plenty of engineering courses to choose from at the Cullen College of Engineering, and they include:
- MS in Engineering Data Science
- MS in Electrical Engineering
- Master of Science in Industrial Engineering
- MS in Biomedical Engineering
- MS in Technology Project Management
- MS in Material Science and Engineering
- MS in Environmental Engineering
- MS in Computer Science
- MS in Computer and Systems Engineering
- Master's in Industrial Engineering
- MS in Aerospace Engineering
- Masters of Petroleum Engineering
- MS in Chemical Engineering
- MS in Mechanical Engineering
- MS in Civil Engineering
How to secure admission at the University of Houston - Cullen College of Engineering
- Application fee: $80
- Mean TOEFL score: 79 (iBT), 550 (paper-based)
- Recommendations: May vary depending on the course
- Language eligibility test: TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, PTE
- Tuition fee: $14,209 (Fall/Spring), $4,736 (Summer)
- Health service/health insurance: Up to $2,145
- International student service fee: $100 (per semester)
- International student orientation fee: $75
- Books: $400
- Total annual cost of admission: $22,000
Scholarships for international students at the University of Houston - Cullen College of Engineering
- The Jack Kent Cooke Graduate Funding: This scholarship targets students who demonstrate financial need.
- The Echoing Green Fellowship Program: This programme funds a 2-year startup public service initiative.
- The Ford Foundation International Scholarships: These scholarships support international students pursuing advanced studies.
- The University of Maryland's National Scholarships Office: This resource offers a comprehensive list of scholarships available to international students.
- The Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund: This scholarship is awarded to campus activists demonstrating financial need.
- The Simon Fellowship for Noble Purpose: This fellowship provides funding for individuals pursuing a goal to strengthen civil society.
South Central US
Houston experiences hot summers and cool winters. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 8.3°C/47°F to 35°C/95°F
George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IATA: IAH)
Central Daylight Time (GMT -5)
Fast facts about the University of Houston - Cullen College of Engineering
- University enrolment numbers: 46,700
- Alumni: 19,000 +
- Graduate students: 1,598
- Master’s students: 1,035
- International students: 5,742
- Countries represented: 137+
University of Houston - Cullen College of Engineering job placement
- Houston University’s placement rate stands at 91%.
- 2 categories of on-campus student employment exist, each with its distinct features. The first type is College Work-study, also referred to as Federal or Texas Work-study. This programme is government subsidised and aims to assist students in financing their higher education. Eligible students can work a maximum of 20 hours per week.
- The second category is Non-College Work Study (NCWS), wherein the employer covers 100% of the student's wages using their funds. All enrolled students are eligible for NCWS positions and can apply for open positions through Cougar Pathway or directly visit on-campus departments. NCWS also allows students to work up to 20 hours per week.
- University Career Services organises an annual on-campus job fair during the fall semester to facilitate employment. This fair attracts both on-campus and off-campus employers seeking to fill their available positions with qualified students.
- Students can access Cougar Pathway to view the current on-campus student employment positions. However, to apply for positions through Cougar Pathway, students must have completed their academic and personal profiles and possess an approved resume in the system.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from University of Houston - Cullen College of Engineering
Last updated: 30 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at email@example.com. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.