UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO - COLORADO SPRINGS
College of Engineering & Applied Science
About the school
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) - College of Engineering and Applied Science established in the 1920s, advances technical education, research, professional practice, and innovation to improve societal welfare, well-being, and economic prosperity. The university offers over 70 undergraduate and graduate degree programmes across six colleges. According to US News' rankings for 2021, the Colorado College of Engineering and Applied Science was ranked 18th among the Best Engineering Schools. Notable alumni of UCCS's College of Engineering and Applied Science include Tom Saponas (former senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer at Agilent Technologies), Joe Griebel (Principal Design Engineer at Mind Rocket LLC), and Meral Sarper (Mechanical Engineer at The Transportation Technology Centre, Inc.).
Where is the school located?
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) - College of Engineering and Applied Science is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. With its relaxed culture, fast economy, and attractive tech scene, this is a prime place to start your professional journey.
Life at College of Engineering & Applied Science
A variety of services are offered by Residence Life and Housing to ensure a comfortable stay for students on campus. On-campus housing comprises three separate villages: Alpine Apartments, Summit Village, and the Village at Alpine Valley. Graduate students looking for off-campus housing have access to the institution’s database of off-campus housing listings, roommate listings and profiles, chat forums, sublets, and other tools to assist them secure housing. Students can visit Database to explore further. University of Colorado-Colorado Springs students can access a variety of food options available at multiple locations, including the Roaring Fork and The Lodge dining halls, Clyde's Gastropub, Cafe ‘65, Alpine Express, and numerous coffee shops nearby. The Gallogly Recreation and Wellness Centre at UCCS offers wellness-related services. Students have access to various resources and programmes through its wellness promotion services. The Fitness Buddies programme supports students' fitness objectives, and provides free health coaching, as well as tools for behaviour modification. Campus transportation options include motorised pool vehicle rentals, fleet management for university-owned cars, and internal shuttle bus services that link outlying locations to the main campus. Students and visitors can also utilise parking services provided they have the necessary permits.
Additional benefits of studying at College of Engineering & Applied Science
- Athletics and Sports: Athletics strongly influence the identity of UCCS. The university supports several NCAA Division II teams that have won conference titles and produced numerous successful athletes. With nearly 2,000 students participating in athletic clubs and over 8,000 engaging in intramural athletics each year, the University of Colorado-Colorado Springs, discovers that a significant portion of its students are involved in sports. UCCS supports a variety of sports programmes for both men and women. For men, these include baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, and track and field. For women, UCCS offers basketball, cross country, golf, lacrosse, soccer, softball, track and field, and volleyball.
Colorado Springs campus
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Western United State
Colorado Springs Airport (COS / KCOS)
Mountain Standard Time (GMT -7)
- University alumni boasts 5 Nobel Prize winners and 5 National Medal of Science winners
- First university to achieve a STARS Gold rating for sustainability
- Among top 50 universities for National Science Foundation research funding
- 57,000+ living alumni
- Faculty-student ratio: 1:16
- 136 new startups formed using the university’s technologies
- Rank #1 university for NASA awards with 18 former students becoming astronauts
- First US Green Building Council certified Leed Platinum research lab in the U.S.
- University had 2,339 international students from 105 countries in 2021
A recognised undergraduate degree is a requirement for international graduate applicants. Generally, you will need to provide the following information: - Statement of Purpose (depending on the programme) - Two letters of recommendation - The applicant's undergraduate transcripts, which must be translated into English. - A graduate admissions test result (GMAT, GRE, or LSAT - Proof of proficiency in English (e.g., TOEFL or IELTS) - Resume/CV - GPA: 3.0 to 4.0 (depending on the programme) - Proof of English proficiency: You must obtain the minimum score in the following exams to be eligible- TOEFL Internet-Based exam: 80 and IELTS: 6.5.
Fees and other expenses
Other estimated costs include: - Food: $2,000+ - Housing: $5,000 to $7,500 Please consult the school's necessary admissions and financial aid websites for detailed information and any updates to this information. International students can also visit International Admissions for detailed information. Students can visit Estimated Cost of Attendance to calculate estimated expenses for each programme.
- High Job Placement Rate: 87% of CU Boulder graduates are employed with a median mid-career salary of $111,000. Graduates are hired by companies such as Amazon, Apple, Ball Aerospace, Boeing, Charles Schwab, Disney, Google, IBM, Lockheed Martin, NASA and NBC.
- Hands-on Experience: Experiential learning, a crucial component of the degree programme, enables students to apply what they have learned in the classroom to real-world situations, build soft skills, and enhance their employability after graduation. The College of Engineering and Applied Science (EAS) encourages all students to complete at least one internship during their degree programme.
- Tailored Career Services: Students seeking internships or jobs can receive support from the College of Engineering and Applied Science Internship Office which offers CV reviews, assistance with cover letters, job searches, and information about career events. The Career and Innovation Centre helps graduate students prepare for their career paths. The Handshake portal features comprehensive job and internship listings.
- Strong Industry Ties: To facilitate networking, the institution hosts events that connect graduates with potential employers. The career centre provides students with one-on-one career counselling from alumni or businesses.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from University of Colorado - Colorado Springs - College of Engineering & Applied Science
Last updated: 22 Dec 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at email@example.com. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.