UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS - LITTLE ROCK
Donaghey College of Engineering and Information Technology
Founded in 1927, the University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UA Little Rock) ranks among the nation's top premium research universities, especially in the areas of nanotechnology, information quality, and emerging analytics.
UA Little Rock is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, North Central Association, a wing of the U.S. Department of Education. The 250-acre sprawling University is home to 57 campus buildings and various facilities.
For 2023, U.S. News and World Report ranks the University 32nd out of 197 nationally, and 175th out of 199 globally in Computer Science; and 55th out of 193 nationally, and 152nd out of 200 globally in Engineering. James Richard Cheek (US Ambassador), Kari Payton (industrial simulations engineer, LM Wind Power), Cyrene Quiamco (content producer, Snapchat), and Rayjon Tucker (professional NBA basketball player) are some popular UA Little Rock alumni.
Arkansas’s capital, Little Rock is situated alongside the Arkansas River. The city generally gets pleasant year-round weather, is affordable, and offers abundant outdoor recreation options, including a chance to participate in various cultural extravaganzas.
What can you study at UA Little Rock - Donaghey College of Engineering and Information Technology?
Apart from UA Little Rock's being an esteemed institution, the U.S. News and World Report has ranked many of its individual departments, including Engineering and Computer Science, to be the best.
- MS in Information Quality
- MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- MS in Mechanical Engineering
- MS in Systems Engineering
- MS in Computer Science
- MS in Construction Management
How hard is it to get into UA Little Rock - Donaghey College of Engineering and Information Technology?
- UA Little Rock has an acceptance rate of 58%
- International applicants must submit both the documentation to be considered for admission and the documentation required for their desired graduate course
- There can be variations in application deadlines between departments
- Each department may have specific requirements such as writing samples, statements of purpose, letters of recommendation, or additional materials
As the University gives significant weightage to academic performance, do include your academic achievements and performance trajectory in your statement of objectives (SOP) essay.
- Application fee: $60
- Average UG GPA: 3.5
- CV/Resume: Required for some courses
- Statement of objectives: Required
- Recommendations: Required for some courses
- GRE test: Required for some courses
- Transcripts: Required
- Immigration Verification Form with Financial Support: Required
- Proof of two MMR Vaccines: Required
- Language eligibility test: Applicants who have not completed their undergraduate studies in an English-speaking country must fulfil this requirement TOEFL: 525 (paper-based), or 61 (computer-based) IELTS: 6 band Duolingo: 90 ACT: 19 in English and reading SAT: 330 in evidence-based reading and writing
Estimated expenses for international students
- Tuition fee for graduate courses: $14,000
- Health insurance, books, and miscellaneous: $4,000
- Living expenses: $9,000
- International student fee: $150
- Total annual cost of admission: $27,000
Scholarships to international students at UA Little Rock - Donaghey College of Engineering and Information Technology
- The University extends competitive scholarships and fellowships to exceptionally qualified international students.
- There might be opportunities for departmental or private scholarships. However, funding from federal or public sources does not apply to international students who are non-residents.
- For more information on scholarships, you can visit their website.
Little Rock campus
Little Rock, AR
Humid subtropical - Winters are very cold, with temperatures lowering to -1°C/34°F); summers are hot and humid and touch 34°C/93.2°F
Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport (LIT)
CST from November-March (GMT-6); CDT from March-November (GMT-5)
Fast facts about UA Little Rock - Donaghey College of Engineering and Information Technology
- University enrolment numbers: 30,936
- Living alumni: 62,614
- Graduate students: 2,331
- International students: 1,387
- International grad students: 706
- Student to faculty ratio: 15 to 1
- Countries represented: 110
- Top countries represented: India, Panama, China, Bolivia, Saudi Arabia
Job placement at UA Little Rock - Donaghey College of Engineering and Information Technology
Donaghey students have a plethora of job opportunities at their disposal after graduating.
“Handshake for Students” is a convenient and efficient tool to find jobs. This online platform provides:
- Tailored job suggestions aligned with your major and interests
- Efficient coordination of on-campus interviews with leading firms
- Arranging meetings with career centre advisors to suit your schedule
Donaghey College’s Career Fairs can help you connect with potential employers. They are the perfect platform to secure internships and part-time or full-time employment
The most important career fairs for engineering and STEM students are the:
- STEM Career Fair
- Career Fair 101 (TBA)
Additionally, the University hosts many workshops and seminars to help students prepare well for recruitment. They help you enhance your skills to increase your employment chances.
- Both in-person and virtual counselling services are provided to ensure you can cope with difficult situations
- On-campus jobs with flexible schedules are also offered
Graduate students who complete their MS at UA Little Rock can expect an average annual starting salary of $48,086.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from University of Arkansas - Little Rock - Donaghey College of Engineering and Information Technology
Last updated: 30 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at email@example.com. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.