STEVENS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Charles V. Schaefer Jr. School of Engineering and Science
Stevens Institute of Technology's Charles V. Schaefer, Jr. School of Engineering and Science is located in Hoboken, New Jersey. The school's founding family, led by celebrated inventor Edwin A. Stevens, is known as "America's First Family of Inventors" for engineering feats such as the first steam ferry and commuter trains.
The Schaefer School's groundbreaking inventions also include the modern email, the Gantt Chart used by project managers, and the development of a new mass spectrometry technique.
The impressive alumni list of Schaefer School includes Frank Roberto (former ExxonMobil manager), Frank J. Effenberger (passive optical networks expert), and Marques Brownlee '15 (YouTube Superstar Influencer).
Hoboken is situated along the Hudson River in New Jersey. The city is famous for Stevens Institute of Technology and for being the hometown of yesteryear Hollywood superstar, Frank Sinatra. Various streets and parks in the city bear his name.
Courses at Stevens Institute of Technology - Charles V. Schaefer, Jr. School of Engineering and Science
- MS in Bioengineering
- MS in Construction Engineering and Management
- MS in Materials Science and Engineering
- MS in Chemical Biology
- M.Eng in Applied Artificial Intelligence
- M.Eng in Robotics
- MS in Cybersecurity
- MS in Construction Management
- MS in Machine Learning
- M.Eng in Mechanical Engineering
- MS Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- MS in Computer Science
- MS in Computer Engineering
- MS in Physics
- MS in Chemistry
- MS in Mathematics
- MS in Engineering Management
- MS in Civil Engineering
- M.Eng in Civil Engineering
- MS in Mechanical Engineering
- MS in Electrical Engineering
- M.Eng in Construction Engineering and Management
- M.Eng in Chemical Engineering
- M.Eng Biomedical Engineering
- MS in Software Engineering
- MS in Financial Engineering
- M.Eng in Ocean Engineering
- MS in Data Science
- M.Eng in Environmental Engineering
- Master of Applied Artificial Intelligence
- M.Eng in Computer Engineering
- Master of Science in Applied Artificial Intelligence
How to secure admission at Stevens Institute of Technology - Charles V. Schaefer, Jr. School of Engineering and Science
Stevens Institute of Technology is an innovation-driven university. It is always on the lookout for students inspired by ingenuity and creativity. The Institute expects its students to have an array of interests and an appetite to pursue untrodden paths.
- Application fee: $70
- Average Gre score: 300-305
- Mean TOEFL score: 80 iBT
- Average UG GPA: 3.86
- Recommendations: 2 letters of recommendation
- Language Eligibility Test: TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test, Pearson PTE Academic Test, SAT I Evidence-Based Reading & Writing
- Tuition fee: $43,528
- Health service/health insurance: Stevens Student Health Services, Stevens Student Health Insurance Plan
- Books: $1,000
- Housing and meals (on-campus): $17,080
- Total annual CoA: $64,228
Scholarships for international students at Stevens Institute of Technology - Charles V. Schaefer, Jr. School of Engineering and Science
- Stevens offers a limited number of Global Scholars Awards to outstanding international students based on academic merit. Eligible students must complete the CSS PROFILE on the College Board website. The award can be renewed for up to 8 full-time undergraduate semesters, contingent on satisfactory academic progress if selected.
- The Institute offers interest-free instalment payment plans to make financing a Stevens' course more manageable. Students can also consider borrowing private student loans if necessary, but it is recommended first to explore other sources of financial aid. Most US private lenders require a US citizen or permanent resident as a cosigner for international students.
Hoboken, NJ campus
Warm, humid, and wet summers and cold, snowy, and windy winters. Temperatures range from 17°C/62.6°F to 27°C/80.6°F in summer and from -2°C/28°4 to 5°C/41°F in winter
New York Skyports Seaplane Base (NYS), New York La Guardia (LGA), Newark (EWR), New York JFK (JFK), White Plains (HPN)
Eastern Time Zone (GMT -4)
Stevens Institute of Technology - Charles V. Schaefer, Jr. School of Engineering and Science fast facts
Private research university
- University enrolment numbers: 3,600
- Living alumni: 50,000
- Master's degree programmes: 58
- International students: 1,981
- International grad students: 1,881
- Countries represented: 50
Stevens Institute of Technology - Charles V. Schaefer, Jr. School of Engineering and Science job placement
- The Stevens Career Center annually collaborates with over 600 employers to organise virtual and on-campus recruitment events for internships, cooperative education experiences, and full-time employment opportunities, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies.
- The Princeton Review ranked the centre at 13th spot nationally for career placement in 2022. Stevens features among the top 15 colleges with the best 20-year return on investment for graduates.
- The average salary for graduates is $75,400, with 75% of graduating seniors securing their career outcomes before graduation.
- The Institute's career fairs are regularly attended by industry leaders such as American Express, BAE Systems, Con Edison, IBM, Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Nielsen, Pfizer, and EY.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Stevens Institute of Technology - Charles V. Schaefer Jr. School of Engineering and Science
Last updated: 30 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.