SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY
Parks College of Engineering, Aviation and Technology
Parks College of Engineering, Aviation and Technology was established in 1927 by a visionary named Oliver Lafayette Parks. The college is the country’s first federally certified aviation school.
Parks College trained thousands of US Army pilots during World War II. Oliver Parks gifted the college to Saint Louis University in 1946. The college holds the FAA Air Agency Certificate No. 1, and is home to the renowned Center for Aviation Safety Research.
From cutting-edge robotics to awe-inspiring rocketry, Parks College has consistently developed forward-thinking courses that cater to society's evolving demands. Best Value Schools has ranked Parks College 10th among US colleges for aviation enthusiasts.
Parks alumni have held top positions in society, and include Gene Kranz (chief flight director, NASA), Jeffrey Standerski (SVP, Rockwell Collins), and William L. Carrier (design engineer, The Boeing Co.,).
St. Louis is also called the Gateway to the West, and features among the top 20 most-fun cities in the US. The big city with a small-town charm is known for the low cost of living, inexpensive housing, entertainment, and myriad amenities.
What can you study at Saint Louis University - Parks College of Engineering, Aviation and Technology?
These are the courses you can choose from at Parks College:
- MS in Aerospace Engineering
- MS in Biomedical Engineering
- MS in Civil Engineering
- MS in Engineering Physics
- MS in Software Engineering
- MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- MS in Engineering
How to get in at Saint Louis University - Parks College of Engineering, Aviation and Technology
- Application fee: NA
- Average GRE score: Each department has different standards
- Mean TOEFL score: iBT 80; paper-based 550
- Transcripts: Required; from every school attended
- Recommendations: May vary depending on the department
- Language eligibility test: TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, SAT, ACT, PTE
- Tuition fee: $20,000
- Health service/health insurance: University Health Plan (UHP)
- Books: $1,420
- Transportation: $2,330
- Total annual cost of admission: Up to $42,530
Scholarships for international students at Saint Louis University - Parks College of Engineering, Aviation and Technology
The institution has approved these scholarships:
1. American-Scandinavian Foundation (ASF) Fellowships for Study in USA: Individuals with citizenship in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, or Sweden are eligible for this fellowship. Its purpose is to promote advanced study and research while fostering better understanding between the US and Scandinavia.
2. PEO International Peace Scholarship Fund:
This grant is aimed at individuals who are looking to pursue full-time graduate studies either in the US or Canada. Eligible applicants must not hold citizenship or permanent residency status in either of these countries.
It is important to note that the scholarship does not provide funding for research, internships, practical training, or travel costs. To meet the requirements, candidates must have at least 1 year of coursework left and be registered on campus for the entire academic year.
St Louis campus
Fast facts about Saint Louis University - Parks College of Engineering, Aviation and Technology
- University enrolment numbers: 13,546
- Master’s students: 2,100
- International students: 2%
- International grad students: 260
- Countries represented: 82
Saint Louis University - Parks College of Engineering, Aviation and Technology job placement
In terms of graduate employment, St. Louis University has a 96% employment rate. Graduates typically earn an average annual salary of $64,000.
- Saint Louis University Career Services provides a variety of resources, both online and in-person.
- Handshake is a comprehensive database for job/internship opportunities, featuring listings, career fair and events’ details, on-campus interview sign-ups, and even sample resumes and cover letters.
- Career Services also offers support in developing job and internship application materials. They provide document critiques, access to sample documents, and electronic document storage through Handshake.
- Various employers and organisations visit the campus throughout the academic year to engage with students. Career fairs, on-campus interviews, information tables, and sessions are the common meeting platforms.
- Students can schedule both on-campus and off-campus interviews for full-time, internship, and summer positions.
- Newly admitted students are advised not to create their own Handshake account, as one will be generated automatically upon enrolment.
- The Billiken Career Launch Program equips and assists students from all academic courses at engaging in experiential learning activities.
- The Billiken Horizons Internship Program (BHIP) is available for students eligible for the Federal Work-Study programme, and connects them to on-campus employment opportunities aligned with their academic interests.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Saint Louis University - Parks College of Engineering, Aviation and Technology
Last updated: 30 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.