SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY
College of Arts and Sciences
Saint Louis University's (SLU) history dates back to 1818 when classes were first offered to "young gentlemen" by Bishop Louis DuBourg in rented rooms. The Jesuits of the Missouri Mission gave the school its formal shape.
SLU ranks first in the health law programme and third in community service, according to the US News & World Report and Princeton Review, respectively. SLU's campus in St. Louis spans 273 acres.
SLU's distinguished alumni include Kathleen Vinehout (former Democratic member from the Wisconsin Senate), Dwayne Evans (professional basketball player), Rory Dames (American soccer coach), L. Enrique Garcia (Bolivian economist), and Edward Adelbert Doisy (biochemist and Nobel Prize laureate).
St. Louis is the most populous metropolis in Missouri state. Known as the "Gateway to the West," it is famous for its iconic Gateway Arch and blues music scene.
What can you study at SLU - College of Arts and Sciences?
- MS in Artificial Intelligence
- MS in Computer Science
- MS in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- MS in Biology
- MS in Information Systems (Full-Time, On-Campus)
How to secure admission at SLU - College of Arts and Sciences
- Application fee: $65
- Average GRE scores: NA
- Mean TOEFL score: 6.5
- Recommendations: Yes, 3 letters of recommendation
- Language Eligibility Test: IELTS, Duolingo, evidence-based reading and writing of the SAT, English portion of the ACT, GaoKao, Pearson Test of English (PTE), TOEFL (IBT), TOEFL (PBT), and TOEFL ITP Plus for China.
- Tuition fee: up to $15,900
- Health Service/Health Insurance: MD Live offers general health and counselling visits via telehealth
- Books: $1,420
- Transportation: $2,330
- Total Annual CoA: up to $42,530
Scholarships for International Students
- Saint Louis University offers many scholarships for international students. However, the applicant must contact the awarding organisations directly for specific eligibility requirements, application deadlines, and award sizes.
- Private scholarships include the American-Scandinavian Foundation Fellowship, PEO International Peace Scholarship Fund, Sons of Norway Foundation/King Olav V Norwegian-American Scholarship, and Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. National Education Foundation - Deborah Partridge Wolfe International Fellowship. Individual websites provide eligibility requirements and application procedures for each scholarship.
- International students with F1/F2, J1/J2 or G visas cannot get federal student loans. To be eligible, you must meet specific criteria.
St. Louis campus
St. Louis, MO
2.3 million +
Humid subtropical climate - with cold winters and hot, humid summers. The temperature typically varies from -3°C/25°F to 32°C/89°F
St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL/KSTL)
Central Daylight Time (GMT -5)
Fast facts about Saint Louis University - College for Public Health and Social Justice
- University enrollment numbers: 13,546
- Master’s students: 5,109
- International students: 983
- International grad students: 28.6%
- Countries represented: 82
Saint Louis University job placement - College of Arts and Sciences
- Campus communities organise information tables wherein students can learn about various job opportunities and interact with recruiters.
- The online platform Handshake enables students and alumni to search for job and internship listings that match their interests and qualifications. Handshake also provides resources such as sample resumes and cover letters to help students prepare job applications.
- The University encourages students to take advantage of campus job opportunities to develop skills that will be valuable in their future careers. It offers resources such as the SkillSoft online learning platform and the Billiken Career Launch programme to support ongoing professional development.
- Job fairs cater to students searching for Federal Work Study and Non-Federal Work Study opportunities. Students get a chance to interact with departments
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Saint Louis University - College of Arts and Sciences
Last updated: 30 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at email@example.com. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.