ROCHESTER INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
The Kate Gleason College of Engineering
About the school
The United States is a hub of leading institutes that provide world-class education to students aspiring to build successful careers in their chosen fields. Kate Gleason College of Engineering is among the top engineering institutes in the United States, preparing the engineers of tomorrow who lead and drive innovations.
The Kate Gleason College of Engineering offers graduate courses in Chemical Engineering MS, Manufacturing Leadership, Engineering Management, Product Development, Industrial and Systems Engineering, and many others. With an alumni base of 16k, 100+ facilities, 100+ faculty and staff members, and a diverse population of students, this college offers a wide range of opportunities and useful resources for students to excel in their careers.
Where is the school located?
The Kate Gleason College of Engineering is located in Rochester, New York, United States. The city is famously known as the "Young Lion of the West" and the "Flower City." It is home to a large population, with several major corporations and a well-developed infrastructure.
Life at The Kate Gleason College of Engineering
Students at the Kate Gleason College of Engineering have an enriching life where they find opportunities to grow beyond classroom education. They can participate in national competitions, meet peers at other universities, and network with industry professionals. They can also join various clubs that match their educational interests, such as: - AeroDesign Club - American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) - FIRST Robotics Team - Hot Wheelz Solar Racing - RIT Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) - Theme Park Enthusiasts - Society of Women Engineers (SWE) The college also accommodates the following facilities for students to learn and grow: - Center for Additive Manufacturing and Multifunctional Printing - Semiconductor and Microsystems Fabrication Laboratory - Center for Additive Manufacturing and Multifunctional Printing
Additional benefits of studying at The Kate Gleason College of Engineering
Students at Kate Gleason College of Engineering find abundant opportunities to not just further their career potential but also keep themselves busy with the rich campus life. With more than 300+ student-run clubs and organisations at Rochester Institute of Technology, there is a lot for students to explore and pursue beyond classrooms and labs. The college hosts various events and festivals and has a student-run council, magazine, and radio station, among the plethora of extracurriculars. Students can also participate in community services to give back to the society. They can also partake in athletics and recreational activities, attend counselling sessions to maintain their overall health and well-being and have their meals at various dining locations on the campus.
Rochester, NY campus
Rochester, New York
Northeastern United States
Fairly humid, continental-type climate
Rochester (ROC) Airport
EDT from March-November and EST from November-March
- Ranked 76th in 2018 for graduate engineering programs among schools that offer doctorate degrees
- Ranked 60th in 2018 for online engineering programs
- Listed in the 2019 List of Best Value Colleges, Best Colleges in the Northeast Region, and 50 Colleges that Create Futures
- Ranked 50th in the 2018 Guide to 399 Green Colleges
The Kate Gleason College of Engineering offers various programmes across different domains of engineering. Some programmes are available only on campus, while some can be pursued online. Also, these engineering programmes may have application prerequisites and specific eligibility criteria. Students can browse the college website to find detailed information on their choice of programme. Non-US applicants may need to submit a few additional documents for application. [Guidance for US Schools] Broadly, the following guidelines are applicable when looking to pursue graduate programmes at the Kate Gleason College of Engineering:
- Fill out an online graduate application
- Submit English-translated copies of official transcript(s) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work, including transfer credit earned, if any.
- Letters of recommendation. The exact number may vary as per the programme.
- Baccalaureate degree (or US equivalent) from an accredited university or college.
- Personal statement of educational objectives.
- Writing sample or essay (optional, depending on the programme)
- A graduate admissions test result (GMAT, GRE, LSAT), if requested
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent) (optional, depending on the programme)
- GRE required for students who hold degrees from international universities. The college may waive the GRE score requirement in certain instances. Students can check these details on the college website.
- English language test scores required for international applicants (TOEFL - 79, IELTS - 6.5, PTE Academic - 56). Some international applicants may be eligible for a waiver on English test requirements based on specific criteria mentioned in the college website.
- Graduate tuition varies by degree, the number of credits taken per semester, and delivery method.
International students will need to obtain an international student visa additionally.
Please consult the school's necessary admissions and financial aid websites for detailed information and any updates to this information.
Graduates from the Kate Gleason College of Engineering find ample career advancement opportunities and resources. They can expect to find stellar opportunities in industries such as Health Care, Electronic and Computer Hardware, Aerospace, Automotive, Scientific and Technical Consulting, Medical Devices, and Defence.
Some select program hiring partners from the institute include Amazon Robotics, Insulet Corp, Kodak Alaris, SimuTech Group, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Corning Tropel Corp, Clemson University, MathWorks and The Raymond Corp.
Students graduating from the institute earn some of these job titles in their careers: - AI Engineer - Software Developer - Computational Linguist - Mechanical Engineer - Research and Development Engineer - Thermal Engineer - Financial Engineer - Chemical Process Engineer - Project Manager
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Rochester Institute of Technology - The Kate Gleason College of Engineering
Last updated: 22 Dec 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.