ROCHESTER INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Saunders College of Business
About the school
Learning various aspects of how businesses run, the economic principles, financials, market strategies, and many others can help you become successful leaders and entrepreneurs in the long run. Moreover, earning a business degree from a leading institute can take your career to the next level. One such premium institution in the United States is Saunders College of Business, Rochester Institute of Technology.
The college offers undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. business programmes in various domains. Some of the graduate programmes include Accounting and Analytics MS, Business Administration MBA, Global Supply Chain Management MS, and Finance MS, among others. Saunders College of Business has internationally recognized faculty experts and state-of-the-art facilities. Along with that, it also has ample resources for students to learn, grow, and advance their careers. With many of its programmes ranking among top positions, the college is sought after by aspiring business graduates.
Where is the school located?
The Saunders College of Business is located in Rochester, New York State. The city has a unique and impressive history in photography, xerography, and optics. It is also known for its leading role in manufacturing/research activities and valuable inventions such as cameras, vending machines, and microscopes.
Life at Saunders College of Business
Student organisations at Saunders College of Business allow students to develop skills and knowledge beyond textbooks. Graduates studying business build leadership skills, expand their network, and strengthen communications with faculty, staff, and fellow classmates. These student-run organisations allow students to build on their interests and hone their knowledge through experiential learning. Some of the clubs at Saunders College of Business include the following:
- American Hotel and Lodging Association, which focuses on the hospitality industry.
- Business and Technology Professionals Club, which aims to build a foundation of technical expertise and business professionalism
- Financial Management Association, which is dedicated to advancing student-centric investing.
- Marketing, Advertising & Public Relations Club, where students can network with local professionals and learn about the world of business. ### Additional benefits of studying at Saunders College of Business The Saunders College of Business is a part of the Rochester Institute of Technology, thus offering a rich student life via its clubs and organisations, libraries, festivals, and events. RIT has a student government, utilising which students can voice their opinions and concerns. The campus has a music performance theatre and Student Hall for Exploration and Development, which students can use as a dance studio or rehearsal space. Students can also be a part of the Rochester community, where they get to explore unique challenges and cultural treasures in the city, shape lives through their services, and go on regional trips.
Rochester, NY campus
Rochester, New York
Northeastern United States
Fairly humid, continental-type climate
Rochester (ROC) Airport
EDT from March-November and EST from November-March
- Ranked 1st in New York State for its Management Information Systems programme by College Factual in 2023.
- Ranked among the top 5 colleges in New York State and 53rd nationally for Best Undergraduate Business Programs by Poets&Quants in 2023.
- Ranked 9th nationally for providing the Best Online MBA Program as per U.S. News & World Report, 2023.
- Ranks 19th in the list of the best Masters in Hospitality Management programmes according to Eduniversal - Best-Masters, 2022.
- Ranked 26th among colleges offering the best Masters of Finance programmes as per TFE Times in 2023.
- Ranked 34th in the top 50 online MBA programs for the online Executive MBA Program by the Princeton Review 2023.
- Ranked 79th on Bloomberg Businessweek's list of best U.S. business schools offering full-time MBA programmes.
The Saunders College of Business offers various programs, some of which you can pursue even online. Additionally, international applicants may need to follow a few additional guidelines before applying to the college. Students can check the college website and the information on specific programs of their choice before starting with their application. [Guidance for US Schools] Students can follow these guidelines when applying to the Saunders College of Business:
- Online graduate application.
- English-translate copies of official transcript(s) of undergraduate and graduate course work, including any transfer credit earned.
- Baccalaureate degree (or U.S. equivalent) from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent).
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Personal statement of educational objectives. -Two letters of recommendation.
- One writing sample (applicable to the Sustainable Systems MS program and optional for the Architecture M.Arch. programme)
- English language test scores required for international applicants (TOEFL - 88, IELTS - 6.5, PTE Academic - 60). Some international applicants may be eligible for a waiver on English test requirements based on specific criteria mentioned in detail on the college website.
- International students will need to obtain an international student visa
Please consult the school's necessary admissions and financial aid websites for detailed information and any updates to this information.
The Saunders College of Business opens up various job opportunities for its graduates by equipping them with in-demand skills and knowledge. The college has a career platform where students can find and apply for jobs posted by employers. It has also set up a well-established co-op program initiative for students to find paid work opportunities, many of which also turn into full-time offers.
Students who pursue business graduate programmes from Saunders College of Business can expect to find stellar opportunities in industries such as: - Accounting - Advertising, PR, and Marketing - Commercial Banking and Credit - Management Consulting - Investment Banking - Investment/Portfolio Management - Consumer Packaged Goods
The list of select program hiring partners from the institute includes: - WWP Beauty - Rochester Regional Health - Adobe Systems - M&T Bank - Paychex - Retail Business Services - The Bonadio Group - Peppino's Food Inc - Invata Intralogistics
Students graduating from the institute earn some of these job titles in their careers: - Advertising Account Executive - Agency Specialist - Valuation Consultant - Innovation Director - O.D. and Change Management Specialist - Financial Engineer - Quantitative Strategist - Data Analyst
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Rochester Institute of Technology - Saunders College of Business
Last updated: 02 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at email@example.com. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.