ROCHESTER INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences
About the school
Home to a diverse community of people and various undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. programmes, the Golisano College of Computing and Information is among the leading institutes in the United States. The college is a part of the Rochester Institute of Technology and provides a world-class education with a focus on research and innovation in computing. It enables students who aspire to join the top force of engineers in the nation and worldwide. Students graduating from the Golisano College of Computing and Information are able to secure stellar job offers in renowned tech companies. The college has 6 departments spread across domains such as Cybersecurity, Software Engineering, Computer Science, and Interactive Games and media, among others.
Where is the school located?
The Golisano College of Computing and Information is located in Rochester, New York State. The city, situated on Lake Ontario, is also known as the "Flower City," the "Young Lion of the West," and the "Flour City".
Life at Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences
The Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences heavily focuses on experiential learning apart from a strong focus on classroom education. Offering multiple facilities on its campus, the college enables students to further their knowledge and practice in specific areas of their chosen field of study. Some centres and labs include:
- Collaborative Research Space
- CS Computer Graphics and Applied Perception Lab
- Cybersecurity Experience Center
- Document and Pattern Recognition Lab
- Media Labs
- Data Unity Lab ### Additional benefits of studying at Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences Students at the Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences find ample opportunities to excel at their passions and further their interests. The college, being a part of the Rochester Institute of Technology, gives students a chance to choose from 300+ clubs and organisations. Clubs across various fields of interest, such as music, politics, science, sports, theatre, and more. These clubs and organisations support on-campus and off-campus events and act as places for students to build friendships and expand their professional community.
Rochester, NY campus
Rochester, New York
Northeastern United States
Fairly humid, continental-type climate
Rochester (ROC) Airport
EDT from March-November and EST from November-March
- Ranked 25th by LinkedIn among the best colleges for securing desirable software engineering jobs.
- Ranked among the 30 best online schools for graduate degrees by Best Choice Schools.
- The Department of Computer Science has raised more than 2.4 million dollars in research funding since 2017.
- The Department of Software Engineering has a 97% approval rating for academic advisers in student surveys.
- Ranked 2nd by Princeton Review for game design among top colleges in North America for game design and development.
The Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences offers various programmes across different domains, and depending on your choice of programme, the eligibility criteria may be different. It is best to check the college website before starting with your application. In addition to the general guidelines, non-US applicants may need to submit a few additional documents for application to the college.
[Guidance for US Schools]
Generally, these are the requirements for applying to the Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences:
- Fill out an online graduate application with a $65 application fee.
- Submit English-translated copies of official transcript(s) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work, along with any transfer credit earned.
- One or more letters of recommendation, varying as per the programme of choice, from members of the academic community or workplace professionals who know your qualifications for graduate study.
- Baccalaureate degree (or US equivalent) from an accredited university or college.
- Personal statement of educational objectives.
- Writing sample or essay (optional, depending on the programme)
- A graduate admissions test result (GMAT, GRE, LSAT), if requested
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent)
- English language test scores required for international applicants (TOEFL - 88, IELTS - 6.5, PTE Academic - 60). Some international applicants may be eligible for a waiver on English test requirements based on specific criteria mentioned in detail on the college website.
- International students will need to obtain an international student visa
Please consult the school's necessary admissions and financial aid websites for detailed information and any updates to this information.
The Golisano College of Computing and Information Science has an excellent placement record across various departments. It provides co-op and career services resources, including links to web portals and professional associations to drive their career search. The college also has a career platform that lists job opportunities and helps build connections with employers all over the nation. Here are a few key statistics related to the placements:
- Students of the institute have a 95% career outcome rate six months after graduation.
- The Department of Computing Security has a 0% unemployment rate in the cybersecurity field
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the Department of Computing Security has a median salary of $92K
- The School of Interactive Games and Media has a 96% job placement rate since 1998
- 398 Companies have offered co-ops to graduates from the School of Interactive Games and Media
- The Department of Information Sciences and Technologies has a 95% job placement rate
- According to Glassdoor, one of the degrees offered by the Department of Information Sciences and Technologies has an average salary of $80K
- The Department of Computing and Information Sciences has a 100% job placement by graduation, as faculty members and in R&D positions
- The average reported salary for students with an RIT master's degree in their first post-graduate year stands at $93,800.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Rochester Institute of Technology - Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences
Last updated: 22 Dec 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.