The University of Strathclyde, ‘The Place of Useful Learning,’ was established by the Royal Charter in 1964, with a history dating back to 1796 and the founding of the Anderson’s Institute. Notable Alumni of the University of Strathclyde include John Logie Baird and David Livingstone.
The Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences (HaSS) is made up of 7 Schools: Education, Government & Public Policy, Humanities, Law, Psychological Sciences & Health, and Social Work & Social Policy plus the Centre for Lifelong Learning.
The University of Strathclyde (HaSS): fast facts
- 23,000 Students from 100+ countries
- Global alumni 183,000
- Full Time Registered Postgraduate students: 626
- Percentage of female students: 65-70%
- Represented countries: USA, Canada, Columbia, Peru, Panama, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Algeria, Ghana, Tanzania, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, China, Malaysia, Turkey, Poland, France, Greece, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Cyprus, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, the UK and elsewhere.
- The University of the year 2012, 2019
- 5th in the UK for Student Satisfaction
- Scottish University of the Year 2020
- Time Out rated Glasgow 8th best city in the world in 2019
- Recipient of Queen’s Anniversary Prize 2019, 2021
Where is the University of Strathclyde (HaSS) located?
- City: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- City Population: 1,680,669
- Climate: Temperate oceanic climate type: winters are cold (Jan mean: 4.1°C/39°F) with moderate precipitation; summers are cool to warm (Jul mean: 19.2°C/66.5°F)
- Nearest Airport: Glasgow International (GLA); Glasgow Prestwick (PIK); Edinburgh (EDI)
What can you study at the University of Strathclyde (HaSS) ?
The Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences (HaSS) of the University of Strathclyde offers the following courses:
- LLM – All streams including LLM Law, LLM International Commercial Law, LLM Human Rights Law, LLM Construction Law, LLM Global Environmental Law & Governance
- LLM/MSc Criminal Justice & Penal Change
- LLM/MSc Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- MSc Data Science for Politics & Policymaking
- MSc International Relations
- MSc Public Policy
- MSc Social Policy
- MSc Social Policy – Research Methods
- MSc Technology Policy & Management
- MSc Urban Policy & Analysis
University of Strathclyde (HaSS) job placement
The graduates of Strathclyde’s programmes are employed in a wide range of sectors across the globe. This includes - Government (National and Local), Legal professions, Civil Service, Journalism, Education, Banking, and Health care.
The careers service department at the University of Strathclyde provides an International pre-arrival module to help prepare for your job search as well as continued support for up to 5 years after graduation. Support is offered across a range of recruitment resources, training, and confidential one-to-one guidance.
What’s it like to live at the University of Strathclyde (HaSS)?
Glasgow is Scotland’s biggest and most cosmopolitan city. Time-Out ranked Glasgow 8th best city in the world in 2019, it is a UNESCO City of Music and hosted the Commonwealth Games in 2014 and European Championships in 2018.
The campus is based in the heart of the city center and many students live on campus or nearby in the Merchant City. Take a virtual tour of the city-center campus and read more about life in Glasgow and Scotland and what it’s like to be an international student.
Find out more about our HaSS students here too Meet our students | University of Strathclyde.
How to get into the University of Strathclyde (HaSS)?
What are the Application deadlines for the various courses offered at the University of Strathclyde (HaSS)?
LLM Law, MSc Public Policy, and MSc Technology Policy & Management have application deadlines in August – You can contact the program administration for further details.
What are the eligibility criteria for the students to get admission?
Visa Process for international applicants at the University of Strathclyde (HaSS)
The university provides a host of useful information for students before they arrive, including advice on visas & immigration, banking, cost of living in Glasgow, and accommodation on our website.
Language Requirements to get into the course
The standard requirement is a score of 6.5 on the IELTS test but further information on the other recognized English Language qualifications.
University of Strathclyde (HaSS) scholarships for international students
Yes, the Faculty International Scholarships offer a 20% reduction in tuition fees, in addition to the Dean’s Excellence awards of £4,000-£5,000. Offer holders will be contacted with details of how to apply.
EU Transition scholarships are also available and applicants may be eligible for other program-specific scholarship awards. The comprehensive Scholarship database provides further information on sources of funding available.
Significant rankings of the University programmes
University programmes are accredited by statutory bodies such as the Law Society of Scotland, the Scottish Mediation Register, The British Psychological Society, and the Scottish Social Services Council. We have strong links to industry and professions with opportunities to take work placements.
Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences:
- 9 Subjects ranked in the top 10 UK (Complete University Guide 2022)
- 8 Subjects ranked top 10 UK (The Times Good University Guide 2022) including 2nd in the UK for Social Policy, and 8th in the UK for Law
Prodigy Finance international student loans for the University of Strathclyde (HaSS)
Prodigy Finance offers loans for international master’s students at the University of Strathclyde (HaSS)
Students from supported countries pursuing master’s programmes that can be completed in less than 2 years are eligible to apply.
- Maximum loan amount: up to 100% of the school-provided cost of attendance (tuition plus living expenses)
- Minimum loan amount: $15,000
- Typical interest rates: 7 - 8.5% (fixed) over the 3-month US Libor base rate (variable)
- All loans disbursed directly to the university according to due dates
Ready to transform your future with a Masters degree from the University of Strathclyde (HaSS)?
Prodigy Finance provides loans to international masters students pursuing their masters degrees at the University of Strathclyde (HaSS), Glasgow.
For any other information about Prodigy Finance, or our student loan process, feel free to browse through our site, or register for a webinar to have your questions answered by one of our team members.