Interested in a Prodigy Finance loan? Here's your chance to learn more about how long the application process lasts from start to finish.
After you've received an admit to your dream school, it's time to get your finances in order. And, it's best to start as soon as possible to avoid any disappointment when it comes time to apply for your international student visa.
If you've previously applied for a loan with another provider, you may be concerned about the length of time it takes to secure a Prodigy Finance loan. But, our process for loan approval process is often much faster than local banks.
One reason is that the entire application process is done online.
- You’ll start your application by visiting our website (prodigyfinance.com), then click apply now
- You’ll fill out an online application form which takes 15 to 20 minutes
- After submitting your loan application, you’ll get a credit decision called a provisional offer within five business days. About 50% of our applicants receive a loan offer within seconds
- Once you’ve accepted your provisional loan offer, we’ll ask you to upload various supporting documents
- Once you’ve uploaded all the required documents, our team will review your documents. This takes about two weeks
- If all your documents are in order, your loan will be approved
Want to know more about applying for a Prodigy Finance loan?
The Prodigy Finance application process is designed to be as smooth and streamlined as possible. And, there's no obligation to accept a provisional offer once you receive it, so there's no reason not to check whether you qualify for a student loan to attend your dream school.
But, if you want to know as much as possible about the Prodigy Finance loan application process before you begin, these guides are a great start:
- Prodigy Finance FAQ: When I apply, what are the stages that I will go through and in what order?
- Prodigy loans for international students - what can I get, and what's the process?
- How to fund your international masters degree
- How do I complete the loan application?
- What documents do I need to finalise my loan?
- Prodigy Finance FAQs for borrowers
Want a Prodigy Finance international student loan?
Prodigy Finance offers no cosigner, collateral-free loans to eligible international students attending supported universities across the globe. If you're considering postgraduate study, you might want to consider a Prodigy Finance loan.
Prodigy Finance Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Post updated for accuracy and freshness on April 16 2021. Originally published on September 18, 2018.