School of Business
About the school
Located in Hamden, Connecticut, Quinnipiac University was founded in 1929 as the Connecticut College of Commerce. Over the years, it has transformed into a distinguished private, coeducational institution dedicated to providing students with an educational journey that combines personal growth and academic excellence.
With three campuses and a diverse learning community, Quinnipiac University offers a comprehensive range of 140 academic programmes. The university contributes to the institution's complete and well-rounded student education. The University has been placed among the best national universities by the U.S. News & World Report rankings. It has been consistently listed among the top 388 best colleges in the country by the Princeton Review.
The strategic location of Hamden, Connecticut, adds to the advantage for students. Situated close to major metropolitan hubs like New York City and Boston, the city provides easy access to cultural experiences and valuable networking opportunities, enhancing the educational experience.
Location of the School
Life at the School of Business
Supported by dedicated faculty members, state-of-the-art facilities, and valuable internship opportunities, students at the Quinnipiac University School of Business experience a transformative journey that equips them for future success. Quinnipiac University's housing options comprise modern residence halls, offering various housing options such as a traditional apartment in Crescent and Whitney Village and university-owned off-campus houses in Hamden and North Haven.
The School of Business at Quinnipiac University offers dining services, including flexible meal plans and on-campus options like On the Rocks Pub & Grille and Starbucks. A free shuttle system is available to facilitate going around campus for shopping, entertainment, and other purposes.
The university also prioritises student's health and wellness. It has a new Recreation and Wellness Center that caters to physical well-being. With activities ranging from Balletone to Zumba, students find a fitness routine that suits their preferences and goals. Counselling and healthcare services are also provided through Quinnipiac's partnership with Hartford HealthCare.
Additional Benefits of Studying at the School of Business
The School of Business encourages student engagement with 17 clubs, including the Entrepreneurship Club and International Business Society. The students participate actively in business competitions sponsored by renowned associations like the American Marketing Association, the National Student Advertising Competition, the NYSSA Challenge, and many other clubs and activities.
The distinguished Global Asset Management Education (GAME) Forum is a notable highlight at Quinnipiac. This student-led financial conference offers a rare opportunity for participants to engage with prominent finance industry figures and discuss best practises.
Southwestern Connecticut, US
Humid continental climate. The hottest month of the year is July, with an average high of 81°F (27.2°C) and a low of 65°F (18.3°C). The coldest month of the year is January, with an average low of 23°F (-5°C) and high of 37°F (2.7°C)
Tweed New Haven Regional Airport (HVN / KHVN), Bradley International Airport (BDL / KBDL)
Eastern Daylight Time (GMT-4)
- There are around 1300 total enrolments
- The faculty-to-student ratio is 11:1
- The international student population is around 1.9%
- Alumni network worldwide 63000
- The placement rate is currently 99.7%
- There are over 60 countries represented
Applying to the Quinnipiac University School of Business may require a few documents and pieces of information to be submitted by the applicant. Generally, applications require the following documents and information:
- The personal information form
- A letter of intent
- 2 letters of recommendation (professional references)
- Official post-secondary transcripts (candidates with degrees from foreign institutions are required to submit certified English translations of their transcripts)
- Course by course credential evaluation (WES or ECE preferred)
- A graduate admissions test result like GMAT, GRE, or Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (Core) (depending on the programme chosen)
- Official copy of English proficiency test score (TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge English exam score or proof of successful completion of ELS Level 112)
- Official statement of Financial Support and supporting documentation
- A copy of the applicant's passport or national identification card
Visit the school website for more information on fees and tuition.
Quinnipiac University's School of Business offers various ways to prepare students for their careers. Whether someone is a student, a recent graduate, or an alumni, there's a shared desire to connect and support each other. Zippia.com has consistently ranked Quinnipiac as the top university in the nation for helping students secure successful careers after graduation, holding this position for three consecutive years.
The Career Development Center offers various resources and services, including:
- Alumni Career Development: The goal is to provide learning and professional growth opportunities throughout their career trajectory
- Bobcat Connect: This intuitive platform is exclusively designed for Quinnipiac alumni globally to foster informal mentorship and networking
- Job Search Resources: They can explore Handshake, a new platform connecting Quinnipiac students and alumni with companies nationwide
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Quinnipiac University - School of Business
Last updated: 22 Dec 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.