D'Amore-McKim School of Business
About the school
The Northeastern University – D’Amore-McKim School of Business, originally known as the College of Business Administration, has a rich history that dates back to 1922. Accredited by AACSB International, the college ranks No.23 in the USA for international MBA programmes, as per U.S. News and World Report. It ranks No.7 in graduate entrepreneurship as per Princeton Review. At D’Amore-McKim School of Business students are groomed to become future-ready leaders through a curriculum that combines knowledge in data analytics, technology, creativity, and critical thinking.
Where is the school located?
The school has a Boston campus offering a variety of programmes such as Master’s, MBA, graduate certificates, PlusOne and combined and dual Master’s.
Life at D'Amore-McKim School of Business
The D’Amore-McKim School of Business sharpens students’ business innovation skills. Beyond the classroom, the campus, with its diverse community, supportive career services, and numerous student organisations, provides the opportunity for holistic development.
Students can join affinity groups, participate in different leagues and tournaments, or sign up for academic enrichment clubs. IDEA, a student-led venture accelerator that supports fellow students seeking funding for a business idea. The 360 Huntington Fund offers the opportunity to manage an actual mutual fund with other students and hone your investment knowledge through experience.
The college offers resources and facilities for students with disabilities, as well as health and well-being centres.
Students seeking accommodation off-campus are supported with tenant rights, lease information, and neighbourhood research. There is a wide array of meal plans available on-campus or off-campus. Students can get meals to go, order in advance with Grubhub, or use the Husky Card to buy what they need.
Additional benefits of studying at D'Amore-McKim School of Business
- Programme Flexibility: You can personalise your learning journey and choose between full-time, part-time, online, and hybrid courses, including Accounting, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Healthcare Management, International Business, Family Business, and more.
- Real-world Experience: The institution emphasises experiential learning through cooperative (co-op) programmes, corporate residencies, and international study, which offer students real-world experience beyond the classrooms. Students have the opportunity to improve their professional skills and acumen by working with top companies around the world. Other similar learning opportunities include guided research, service work for non-profits, and semesters in a regional campus.
Northeast United States
Boston Logan International Airport (BOS), Manchester Regional Airport (MHT)
Eastern Standard Time (GMT-4)
- 205 faculty members
- More than $396 million raised by student entrepreneurs for 97 ventures under IDEA
- 41% of graduate students are international
- More than 56,000 alumni members across 145 countries
- 24 market-aligned concentrations on offer for full-time MBA
Admission criteria might vary across departments or programmes, so make sure you go through specifics on the school website.
Generally, you will need to provide the following information: - Completed online application form - Application fee (if required): $100 - Personal statement (including your goals and interest in the programme) - Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended (in English translation and native language) - Minimum 2 letters of recommendation (1 for graduate certificate programmes) - Resume - GMAT or GRE: optional currently - English proficiency: Both verbal and written abilities required for non-native speakers - Accepted English proficiency test scores from: IELTS/TOEFL iBT/PTE Academic/Duolingo - English proficiency test exemption: If you completed Bachelor’s/Master’s degree at an institution where the language of instruction was English or you worked full-time for 2 years in the USA or a native English-speaking environment
Student Programs Fees
- Other costs which are not consistent throughout school admissions information online:
- Cost per credit hour: $800 to $1,755
- Programme fees: $1,600 to $3,100
- Health plan: $2,725
- Food and other expenses
Please consult the school’s necessary admissions and financial aid websites for detailed information, and any updates to this information.
You will need to submit a scanned copy of your passport as an international student. All the information you provide must be authentic.
Generally, applications require the following types of information:
- Complete personal information form
- A personal statement written by the applicant
- A letter of recommendation from an employer, academic, etc. (this depends on the program)
- The applicant’s undergraduate transcripts which must be translated into English
- A graduate admissions test result (GMAT, GRE, LSAT), if requested
- Proof of proficiency in English (e.g. TOEFL/IELTS), if requested
- Resume/CV, if requested
- Minimum Scores/GPA
- International Student Fee (one-time): $375
Fees and other expenses
Other costs which are not consistent throughout school admissions information online: - Tuition and fees for international students - Health service/health insurance - Cost of Books/Course Materials - Food and other expenses - Housing - Transportation
High Job Placement Rates: The Graduate Career Center at the D’Amore-McKim School of Business helps students to secure lucrative jobs and corporate residencies. In the last 5 years, 100% of students who completed an MS in Accounting or MBA received full-time employment offers within 3 months after graduating. All of them completed a corporate residency placement at one of the Global Five or Big Four accounting firms. 94% of the students pursuing full-time MBA completed a minimum of one corporate residency at a top start-up or company.
In-demand Graduate: The average starting salary for full-time MBA graduates was $88,915. The highest salary was $1,37,000. Students were hired across multiple industries, such as financial services, technology, healthcare, consulting services, energy, real estate, and manufacturing, to name a few. The average salary was above $90,000 in marketing/sales, finance, and technology. Some of the noteworthy employers included Cigna, Accenture, Lego, PwC, Proctor & Gamble Company, Hasbro, IBM Corporation, and Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Northeastern University - D'Amore-McKim School of Business
Last updated: 11 Oct 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.