College of Science
About the school
The Northeastern University – College of Science is powered by a culture of research, education, and innovation, which helps you develop unique skills, network like a professional, and secure exciting career opportunities. Offering more than 10 Master’s programmes, the college lets you explore a plethora of fields, from traditional sciences like physics, mathematics, and biology, to environmental sciences, bioinformatics, nanomedicine, and cell and gene therapies. The college has a multicultural environment and offers flexible learning modes. Graduate enrolment at the College of Science during Fall 2021 was 1237.
Where is the school located?
The college has a Boston campus in the USA and a Toronto campus in Canada, both equipped with the latest facilities and amenities.
Life at College of Science
Northeastern University has over 500 clubs and organisations, of which many cater to College of Science graduates. While some of them are interdisciplinary, others are more specific to departments. As a postgraduate student, you can pick from a variety of housing options off-campus and contact the college’s support services team to get information on tenant rights. You can search for roommates through the online housing database. Students with disabilities can apply for accommodations specifically suited to their needs and opt for special programmes. The university allows you to engage in cultural, wellness, and community-related pursuits for holistic growth. Moreover, you can participate in one or more of the 19 varsity and 64 club sports to nurture your outdoorsy spirit.
Additional benefits of studying at College of Science
- Academic Support: At the College of Science, an average class size of 20 students helps you get the personal attention you need to excel. Peer tutoring is available if you need additional support.
- Multiple Programme Options: It is possible to choose from on-campus, online, hybrid, and part-time programmes as per your convenience.
- Real-world Experience: The college also offers cooperative (co-op) education programmes where you get practical work experience and gear up for the relevant industry. Northeastern University’s wide network of 2,82,143 alumni and 2,935 co-op employers worldwide help in growing your career exactly the way you want.
Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ)
Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5)
Northeastern United States
Boston Logan International Airport (BOS), Manchester Regional Airport (MHT)
Eastern Standard Time (GMT-4)
- More than 200 faculty members in the College of Science
- 22 accelerated Master’s degrees or PlusOne programmes
- Multiple scholarships on offer, including Barry Goldwater, Knight-Hennessey, and Marshall
- Total of 5,854 Master’s degrees conferred by the university during 2020–21
Prior to applying to the College of Science, make sure you have a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognised college or university. There should be no discrepancy between the unofficial test scores or transcripts submitted during application and the official ones during admission. Adhere to the deadlines strictly and submit final transcripts by the stated due date. Some programmes like Chemistry and Biotechnology might have additional requirements. If you are planning to apply for a PlusOne programme, the application process might be different. Generally, your application should include these types of information:
- Completed online application
- Application fee: $100
- Two letters of recommendation (3 for MS Marine Biology)
- GRE score not required
- Personal statement
- Unofficial transcripts from all institutions you attended (both in native language and English translation)
- If your credentials are from China, include graduation and degree certificates
- If your credentials are from India, include degree/provisional certificate and semester mark sheets
- If your credentials are from Bologna signatories or Europe, include diploma supplement
- If your degree programme is in progress and not mentioned in the transcript, provide official enrolment verification
- Proof of English proficiency: Degree earned from an U.S. institution or an institution where English is the only instruction medium/official exam scores from TOEFL IBT/PTE/IELTS/Duolingo
Student Programmes Fees
- Other costs which are not consistent throughout school admissions information online:
- Cost per credit hour: $1,502 to $1,791
- Health plan: $2,725
- Cost of books: $450 (per semester)
- Food and other expenses: $1,775 to $5,675
- Housing: $8,100 (per semester)
- Transportation: $450 (per semester)
Please check the college’s website to obtain more information on admission process and requirements as well as financial aid. To apply to the Canadian campus of College of Science, you will need a study permit as well as a post grad work permit. A completed I-20 request form and a copy of your residency permit or passport will be required too. Remember that application criteria might vary based on the programme you opt for. Generally, you need to include the following types of information in the application: - Completed online application form - Two recommendation letters - GRE score not required - Statement of purpose - Resume - Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended (both in native language and English translation) - Proof of English proficiency: TOEFL/IELTS/Duolingo (minimum scores might vary based on the programme) - Proof of English proficiency exemption: If you have completed your Bachelor’s degree from an institution where the instruction medium is English
Student Programmes Fees
- Other costs (in CAD) which are not consistent throughout school admissions information online:
- Cost per credit hour: $1,276 to $1,552
- Medical service plan: $75 per month
- Cost of books: $500 to $1,500
- Food and other expenses
Please consult the school’s necessary admissions and financial aid websites for detailed information, and any updates to this information.
Please list any expenses in the local currency of the country where the school is located.
Sought-after Career Prospects: 97% of graduates from Northeastern University secure employment or enroll for further education within 9 months of graduation.
All-inclusive Career Support: The Department of Employer Engagement and Career Design also conducts advisory events and offers extensive resources to aid students with career development and job search. Career fairs are organised by the university too.
Valuable Internship Experiences: The College of Science has a highly successful co-op programme through which students get the opportunity to meet relevant people in their industry, develop professional skills, acquire essential knowledge, and explore interesting career paths. Students can gain up to 18 months of experience in research labs, health clinics, biotech companies, and more. More than 3,100 co-op employers are present across 136 countries to help you start your journey. Some of the top co-op employers at the college include: Boston Children’s Hospital; Harvard Medical School; Novartis AG, Boston Consulting Group; McKinsey & Company; Massachusetts Clean Energy Center; and Pfizer.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Northeastern University - College of Science
Last updated: 11 Oct 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.