NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY
Poole College of Management
About the school
Established in 1992, North Carolina State University – Poole College of Management believes in instilling analytical skills as well as an entrepreneurial attitude in students. It promotes critical thinking and a data-centric mindset. The college is accredited by AACSB, and its business analytics programmes have been ranked among the nation’s top 20 by U.S. News & World Report. Magazines such as Entrepreneur and Princeton Review have ranked the college’s entrepreneurship programmes at number 15 in the country and number 1 in the southeast. Apart from graduate programmes and MBA, the college offers PhD in Economics, global programmes, executive education, and graduate certificates.
Where is the school located?
Poole College of Management is situated in North Carolina’s capital, Raleigh, a city known for educational institutions and museums.
Life at Poole College of Management
The college has an inclusive and diverse environment where you can attend heritage month events or frequent the Inclusion Hub in Nelson Hall to meet peers from different backgrounds. There are over 30 clubs and organisations for you to pick from as far as pursuing your passions or social activities is concerned. Poole Student Connections, a biweekly newsletter, helps you stay on top of all campus happenings. You can also join the Poole Student Council to work with real clients, solve real challenges, and sharpen your leadership skills.
As an international student, you can apply for modern, well-furnished apartments with lease flexibility and campus proximity. You will have access to facilities such as kitchens, swimming pools, and community spaces. The university also provides an array of meal plans that allow you to enjoy good food on-campus or on the go. Attractive discounts are available on the same too.
Additional benefits of studying at Poole College of Management
- Excellent Facilities: The college boasts 5 unique thought leadership hubs revolving around business analytics, business sustainability, enterprise risk management, supply chain resource, and entrepreneurship. These facilitate engagement among students, faculty members, and industry partners to unlock innovation, new ventures, practical insights, and networking. There are exclusive libraries dedicated to supply chain and risk management as well. You will get real-world exposure while earning the necessary credits. The college has robust and affordable health plans in place to cover vaccinations, emergencies, tests, and more.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Southeastern United States
Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU)
Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5)
- Around 100 faculty members engaged full-time
- More than 35,000 alumni members
- $43,11,794 worth of gifts and contributions received during 2020-21
- Over 200 employers directly recruited from the college
- Ranked third for the best online Master of Accounting (MAC) programme by University HQ
Research well and plan ahead before you apply to the Poole College of Management. Requirements might vary across programmes or from time to time, and hence, it is advisable to stay on top of updates. Make sure you send in all document copies before the deadlines.
Generally, your application should include the following types of information:
- Completed online application
- A personal statement
- 2 letters of recommendation, and at least one of them needs to be professional (3 for MAC)
- Resume (2-page limit suggested)
- Unofficial transcripts from all the institutions you have attended in the past (both in native language and English translation)
- GMAT/GRE: Optional (Minimum GMAT score of 530 necessary for MAC)
- Application fee: $85
- Other annual costs which are not consistent throughout school admissions information online:
- Tuition and fees: $32,015
- Books and supplies: $869
- Food: $5,723
- Housing: $9,540
- Personal expenses: $2,004
- Transportation: $1,686
To get more information on admissions and financial aid and stay updated with changes in requirements or fees, please consult the college’s website.
International students must additionally meet the following requirements:
- Proof of English proficiency: You must obtain the minimum score in the following exams to be eligible- TOEFL Internet-Based exam: 80, IELTS: 6.5, and Duolingo: 110
- Exceptions apply if you are a citizen of a country where the official language is English/English was the instruction language for your higher education
Comprehensive Resources: The college’s Career Management Center helps you secure the right jobs with coaching services, boot camps, professional assessments, lifelong support, and an approach that is tailor-made to your needs. For 2 consecutive years, the Master of Accounting programme witnessed 100% employment of all graduates in corporate and public accounting. 83% of the students from the class of 2023 were placed with Big 4 and national firms. Salaries ranged from $64,740 to $78,000, and employers included Deloitte, Bernard Robinson, Cherry Bekaert, and Dean Dorton.
Promising Career Prospects - Those who graduated in management risk and analytics and management marketing analytics secured positions such as data scientist, risk manager, financial analyst, project manager, and fraud examiner. business intelligence analyst, credit analyst, corporate development manager, and logistician were some other positions offered. Students were hired by companies such as Bank of America, Wells Fargo, PwC, and Ernst & Young, to name a few. Economics graduates found employment in areas such as econometrics, agricultural economics, environmental economics, labour economics, and so on. Ernst & Young, Deloitte, Korea Labor Institute, Goldman Sachs, SAS, and Quora were among the top employers.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from North Carolina State University - Poole College of Management
Last updated: 11 Oct 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.