NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
Stern School of Business
About the school
The history of New York University Stern School of Business (NYU Stern) begins with the establishment of the NYU Undergraduate School of Commerce, Accounts, and Finance in 1900. The School was renamed the College of Business and Public Administration in 1972, and later, it adopted the present name, the Leonard N. Stern School of Business. Located in the centre of Greenwich Village, adjacent to Washington Square Park, the School provides world-class professional business training to students. New York University is ranked 30 in the World University ranking by Times Higher Education and holds position 34 in the U.S. News and World Report’s Best Global Universities list. Some of the notable alumni who uphold the reputation of the Stern School of Business are Scott Havens (CEO of Bloomberg Media), Jordan Hoffner (COO at Samsung Next), and Dan Schulman (president and CEO of PayPal).
Where is the school located?
NY Stern’s campuses are located in New York and Washington D.C.
- Time zone: Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5)
Life at Stern School of Business
At New York University's Stern School of Business, the Office of Student Engagement hosts social gatherings, summits, and charity events such as the Stern Student Governments' Fall Gala, International Passport Day, and the entertaining Stern Follies, creating vibrant and inclusive student experiences. New York University offers limited on-campus housing options for graduate students, accommodating around 11,500 students in 20 residence halls. For those seeking off-campus residence, the NYU Centre for Student Life provides resources and guidance to search for apartments. Additionally, Summer Housing is available for students enrolled during the summer. A vast array of meal options are offered through NYU Eats. Students can enjoy vegan, vegetarian, kosher, halal, gluten-free, and Jain options at different dining locations on campus. Apart from NYU Eats, there are 12 dining locations on the campus, including Jasper Kane Cafe, Starbucks, Dunkin’, Peet’s Coffee, among others. The Student Health Centre offers medical, counselling, health promotion and pharmacy services. Students can enjoy various cultural events held at the various theaters and galleries on the campus. The University Transportation Services connects all significant academic buildings, including the medical centre and NYU residence halls. The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) runs the train, subway, and bus systems, all of which are excellent options for navigating the city.
Additional benefits of studying at Stern School of Business
- Vibrant Student Life: Student organisations and leadership programmes are a crucial part of the Stern MBA experience, providing the main source of co-curricular activities and community life for students.
- Leadership Development: The institutes, centres and initiatives of the Stern School of Business are aimed at moulding capable business professionals of the future. The Berkley Centre for Entrepreneurship, for example, is well regarded for cultivating NYU entrepreneurs.
- Holistic Curriculum: Students can participate in the classes, research and projects conducted at the Centre for Business and Human Rights to gain an understanding of the intersection of business and human rights. The Endless Frontier Lab Programme is an initiative to help startups gain industry connections and receive mentorship from business leaders.
New York, NY campus
New York, New York
Northeastern United States
John F. Kennedy International Airport
Washington DC campus
Northeastern United States
Washington Dulles International Airport
Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5)
- Total enrolment: 61,724
- Undergraduates: 29,401
- Graduates and professionals: 29,743
- International students: 24%
- Countries represented: 183
The general admission requirements for international applicants applying for graduate degrees at Stern School of Business are detailed below.
- Undergraduate CGPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited college that is equivalent to a four-year bachelor’s degree in the US.
- Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended. You can also submit a Self-Reported Transcript Form instead. Students can use the Self-Reported Transcript Form if their transcripts are not in English.
- Resume/CV with detailed work history
- Students must submit answers to 4 essay questions provided on the admission page
- An EQ endorsement from the applicant’s current supervisor
- GMAT, GMAT Focus Edition, or Executive Assessment by Pearson VUE is required, but there are no minimum standardised test score requirements.
- Proof of English proficiency: You must obtain the minimum score in the following exams to be eligible- TOEFL: 100, IELTS: 7, and Duolingo: 120.
Fees and other expenses
A general idea of the potential expenses students have to meet while studying at the Stern School of Business is as follows:
- Food and housing: $ 29,344
- Books and supplies: $1,500
- Transportation: $1,154
- Health insurance: $4,068
- Impressive Employment Rate: 87.7% of the Stern School of Business graduates received job offers right after graduation, and 94.1% got placed within three months after receiving a degree.
- Dynamic Business Network: NYU Stern’s Office of Career Development partners with companies to create employment opportunities for students.
- Comprehensive Support: The Career Development Team provides lifelong career support for alumni and students through various career services.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from New York University - Stern School of Business
Last updated: 26 Oct 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at email@example.com. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.