NEW YORK MEDICAL COLLEGE
School of Health Sciences and Practice
About the school
q (SHSP), situated in Valhalla, New York, is a renowned institution dedicated to healthcare education. The college, accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), upholds high standards of academic excellence. SHSP offers diverse programmes, including Healthcare Management and Public Health, which may hold specialised accreditations such as those from the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME). These accreditations affirm SHSP's commitment to providing top-tier education, equipping students for successful careers in various healthcare fields.
Where is the school located?
The New York Medical College (NYMC) - School of Health Sciences and Practice (SHSP) is located in Valhalla, a village situated in Westchester County, New York, USA. Westchester County is part of the larger New York metropolitan area.
Life at School of Health Sciences and Practice
Life at New York Medical College's School of Health Sciences and Practice (SHSP) for master's students is characterised by a dynamic and intellectually stimulating environment. The academic experience is distinguished by its challenging coursework, extensive faculty expertise, and diverse student body, creating an atmosphere conducive to rich discussions and collaborative learning. SHSP offers state-of-the-art facilities, including well-equipped classrooms and cutting-edge research laboratories, enhancing the educational journey.
Master's students often have the opportunity to engage in hands-on research projects and practical clinical rotations, allowing them to apply their knowledge in real-world healthcare settings. Beyond academics, students can participate in various extracurricular activities and student organisations related to their field of study, promoting networking and leadership development. Community engagement and service opportunities further enrich the student experience, fostering a sense of social responsibility.
Additional benefits of studying at School of Health Sciences and Practice
Real-world Exposure: Studying at the New York Medical College's School of Health Sciences and Practice (SHSP) as a master's student offers a multifaceted educational experience enriched by proximity to renowned healthcare institutions in the New York City metropolitan area. This proximity facilitates internships, clinical rotations, and networking opportunities, while interdisciplinary collaboration and a robust alumni network further enhance career prospects.
Well-rounded Education: Additionally, the school fosters research, innovation, and global perspectives, promoting holistic professional development. Access to cultural and recreational opportunities in New York City, comprehensive career development services, professional workshops, community engagement, and support for well-being collectively provide master's students with a well-rounded and transformative educational journey, equipping them with the skills and connections needed to excel in the dynamic healthcare sector.
Valhalla, New York
Northeastern United States
Westchester County Airport (HPN)
Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5)
Private University Total Enrollments: 1,910 Total Schools: 5 Faculty: 2,185 Academic Programmes: 46 Accreditation: Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) Living Alumni: 25,000
The admission criteria at the New York Medical College - School of Health Sciences and Practice typically include:
Educational Background: Applicants typically need to hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. The specific undergraduate major required may vary depending on the programme. Some programmes may also have prerequisite coursework.
- Standardised Test Scores: Some programmes may require standardised test scores, such as the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) or the MCAT (Medical College Admission Test), depending on the field of study
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Interview: Some programmes may require an interview as part of the admission process to assess an applicant's suitability for the programme.
- Work Experience (if requested)
- Prerequisite Courses– For certain programmes, applicants may be required to complete specific prerequisite courses to ensure they have the necessary foundational knowledge.
- In-demand Degrees: Graduates from New York Medical College's School of Health Sciences and Practice (SHSP) have diverse job placement opportunities in healthcare and related fields, with an average salary of around $54,415 annually. Salary ranges can vary significantly, from $23,000 in the bottom 10th percentile to $124,000 in the top 90th percentile, with an average hourly wage of $26.16. Earnings are influenced by factors such as department specialisation, with healthcare roles generally commanding higher salaries, and geographic location, with Valhalla, NY, and Woonsocket, RI, offering higher pay scales. Individual salary outcomes may depend on factors like degree earned, experience level, and local job market conditions.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from New York Medical College - School of Health Sciences and Practice
Last updated: 10 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.