NEW YORK MEDICAL COLLEGE
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
About the school
The New York Medical College - Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences was established in the 1960s. The school has partnered with NYMC’s School of Medicine, ensuring a broad, interdisciplinary approach to medical research and clinical and translational applications. The top-notch educational institute offers exceptional facilities for small class sizes. It assists students with hands-on mentorship opportunities and research training, enabling them to gain the skills they need to succeed in a competitive marketplace. It offers a range of M.S. and Ph.D. programmes in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Microbiology and Immunology, Pathology, Pharmacology, And Physiology. It has 97 experienced faculty members providing expert instruction, insightful mentorship, and scientific research opportunities to skilled professionals who impact the medical field in myriad ways. The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences laboratories are well-equipped to conduct NIH-funded investigations, develop diagnostic tests, produce life-saving vaccines, and promote groundbreaking research. Its rigorous, experiential curriculum and exceptional services help students achieve their career goals.
Where is the school located?
The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences is located in Valhalla, New York. Its beautiful, safe, wooded 54-acre suburban campus in Westchester County has ample shopping and outstanding recreational and cultural opportunities. Here are some details of the school campus:
Life at Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
With a low student-faculty ratio—about 2:1, exceptional faculty, groundbreaking research, and state-of-the-art resources like research laboratories, comparative medicine facilities, and a Health Sciences Library, the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences offers outstanding opportunities to all its students. The Office of Student Academic Support (OSAS) helps students to keep up with the volume and pace of the medical school curriculum. Student life at NYMC comprises a rich mix of experiences where they can also enjoy a peaceful suburban lifestyle and feel part of a close community that is supportive, committed, and enthusiastic. Students join a broad range of student organisations, participate in campus and local events, live comfortably, dine well, and get around easily. The GSA organises the annual Graduate Student Research Forum, hosts social functions, advocates for the needs and interests of Graduate School students, and coordinates community service projects that build strong links between the school and its neighbours.
Additional benefits of studying at the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
- Active Campus Life: Students can easily fill their free time with educational, recreational, athletic, and social activities. From the excitement of milestone celebrations to activities that inform, honour, and unite students, NYMC hosts several special events each year. These events offer ways to meet new people, learn new things, and have a great time on campus. The school also provides a residential community that supports a healthy and enjoyable living environment. The school also hosts a range of health and wellness services to enhance on-campus lifestyles. NYMC SOM prohibits discrimination against any individual based on physical or mental disability.
New York Campus campus
Valhalla, New York
Northeastern United States
Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5)
- New York Medical College affiliate, NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan, was named America's most racially inclusive hospital according to the Lown Institute in its 2021 Winning Hospitals: Racial Inclusivity list.
- Lowey announced the allocation of $82,000 in National Institutes Health funds For New York Medical College.
- Among 13 Medical Schools that Trained Influential Doctors, according to the U.S. News and World Report.
- The school boasts a partnership with Touro College and University System.
[Guidance for US Schools]
The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences welcomes applications from talented students and professionals committed to improving people’s lives through cutting-edge research and education.
- The Graduate School must receive applications for admission and all supporting documents by the deadline dates listed.
- Timely receipt of application materials is particularly important for international applicants because of the extra time needed to obtain an entry visa.
- Students may apply to only one GSBMS programme per application cycle through one of the two methods of applying (PostbacCAS or the TouroOne Connect Online Application System).
- The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences seeks to admit students who are well-prepared for its educational programmes and who, upon graduation, hold the best promise of becoming outstanding teachers, researchers, and science practitioners.
- Objective criteria, such as academic record and the candidate’s intellectual curiosity, maturity, integrity, and motivation, are important.
- Strong performance in mathematics and science courses is particularly important.
- Students must submit the scores (optional) GRE general test, MCAT, or DAT test scores to support a Master’s application.
- For international applicants educated in non-English speaking institutions, an adequate TOEFL/IELTS score is needed to demonstrate the applicant’s ability to communicate in English.
Students must submit the following documents:
- Personal Statements
- Standardised exam scores - Letters of recommendation
- Resume/ CV
- Applicants with a demonstrated financial hardship should support their requirements with appropriate documentation.
- Active Career Services: The career guidance centre of New York Medical College - Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences prepares students for career exploration and direction. The faculty provides students with guidance and advice in this area, including facilitating access to scientists and professionals who visit the campus or are known by faculty through professional networks.
- Rigorous Skills Development: The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences has an impressive track record of preparing students for challenging and rewarding careers.
- Rewarding Job Possibilities: The medical school graduates go on to work as hospital administrators, delivery room technicians, medical science liaisons, clinical research assistants, research associates, research technicians, and biomarker scientists. Graduates are hired by institutions such as Boston Children’s Hospital, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Pfizer Pharmaceuticals, and more.
- Useful Career Events: Various workshops, career fairs, and other career guidance facilities like mock interviews, resume-making, etc., help students dive into the best career opportunities.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from New York Medical College - Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
Last updated: 16 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.