School of Public and Environmental Affairs
About the school
The Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs is now known as the Paul H. O'Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs. The Institute tops the list for its Master of Public Affairs programme in the U.S. It proudly mentions the focus on management skills, science, policy analysis, and humanity. The school prepares students to resolve the unsolved complications that society faces today by focusing on governing, managing, and leading. Throughout the 50+ years since its inception, the institute's unique programmes and excellent faculty have helped experts acknowledge it as one of the best schools around.
Location of the School
The Indiana University campus hosts this prestigious school at 1315 E. Tenth Street, Bloomington.
Life at the School of Public and Environmental Affairs
The school maintains a friendly atmosphere for all students on the large university campus. Students benefit by envisioning big ideas and gaining solid skills with support from their peers and professors. The multidisciplinary campus includes students from diverse backgrounds with varying ages and interests. They all work together to promote the general welfare in a culture that promotes inclusion, equity, and diversity. Looking ahead to the future, students can learn about organizations, programmes, and opportunities to explore their passions.
Additional Benefits of Studying at the School of Public and Environmental Affairs
- The institute takes care of international students and guides them against all odds- from housing to healthcare to the visa process. Several clubs, cultural centres, and student organizations, warmly provide the required support
- O'Neill School of Public and Environment Affairs partners with the IU Health Centre, benefiting the students by keeping their resilience and well-being in place. It helps the students enhance their mental and emotional health, ultimately helping them develop the skills to overcome the challenges of college life
- The school also partners with Mentor Collective to connect students one-on-one with an alumni or peer mentor. The programme pairs you with another peer interested in your success who listens, inspires, and helps you overcome challenges and identify opportunities. The programme is a win-win for both, as students obtain career advice and valuable insights, and the mentors develop their networks and professional and leadership skills
- The school conducts leadership courses, workshops, learning communities, and professional internship programmes for students to bring out the leader within them
- The multiple student organisations at O'Neill and Indiana University, students benefit by gaining relevant work experience and can network with their peers and potential employers
79.168 million (as per 2020 census)
Eastern United States
Indianapolis International Airport
EST & EDT
- The Masters of Public Affairs ranked the school first according to the U.S. News & World Report
- The school has top-ranked MPA concentrations according to the U.S. News & World Report
- Student Training and Education in Public Service ranked the school second for its online MPA in 2022
- HQ Online MPA ranked the school 11th in 2022.
- SkillSurvey 2021 awarded the school a top 10 title as a career-ready institution
- The institution was ranked fifth in the world for Public Administration by the Center for World University Rankings in 2017
- The school has the largest alumni network of more than 37,000 graduates
- College Factual ranked the school first for public administration
- It was also ranked the top college town in Bloomington
- Students must apply online
- Students must upload transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions they have attended, except Indian University. They will have to submit the original transcripts after admission confirmation
- Three letters of recommendation are required with the exception of certificate programmes
- A personal statement in PDF format is required
- A resume or CV in PDF format
- Tuition fees can be viewed on the website
Similar to the above criteria for US schools. The only difference is in the transcripts, as follows: - Students must submit academic transcripts in the student's native language from each postsecondary institution they have attended - For non-English languages, students are requested to include a certified, literal translation - TOEFL score 100, with 25 in each section - IELTS scores 7.0. The students must request that the IELTS test centre deliver their records to the Office of International Services' electronic download account - The institute accepts unofficial or official academic records for the application process. Before enrolling in the course, students must submit official records - For official transcripts, the institutes expect records issued by the registrar or record-keeping official from the institution where the student has completed the work - The institute does not accept notarised copies of academic records - Students studying in the United States or Canada may send their official transcripts from the records department of the producing school directly to International Admissions at Ferguson International Center, Room 100, 330 N Eagleson Avenue, Bloomington, IN 47405-7513 - Tuition fees can be viewed on the website
The institute's Career Education and Professional Advancement Programme at the Career Hub helps students pave the right path toward their careers. The institute guides students in job search and networking to help them achieve their goals. Completing an internship is one of the mandatory parts of the course syllabus at the O'Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs. It helps the students put their learning into practice and implement it in a real scenario. The institutes offer services such as personalised advising appointments, skill and strength assessments, career planning and exploration, and many others to help students find the right job.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Indiana University - School of Public and Environmental Affairs
Last updated: 11 Oct 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.