ILLINOIS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Kent College of Law
About the school
Kent College of Law is nestled in the vibrant heart of Chicago. It offers a legal education that combines tradition with innovation. With a legacy spanning decades, the school is dedicated to shaping strong legal professionals who can thrive in ever-evolving legal arenas. Located in proximity to courts, law firms, and government centres, Kent College of Law uses the city's legal resources to provide students with a unique learning experience. The school's emphasis on practical learning is reflected through its clinical programmes, enabling students to work on real cases.
Kent College of Law boasts a diverse and accomplished faculty who bring real-world expertise to the classroom. It ensures that students are exposed to the latest legal developments, cutting-edge resources, and practical insights that prepare them for success in various legal realms.
Location of the School
The Kent College of Law is in Chicago. Here are some facts about its location:
Life at Kent College of Law
The Kent College of Law sits in the downtown Chicago Loop, near courts, government centres, and law firms. It's situated at the heart of the legal market, and this empowers budding lawyers. The support for the students is very strong as it fosters around 9000 alumni. Additionally, the school maintains close partnerships with student organisations and various departments. The university ensures that students feel supported and guided by their peers and faculty leaders.
The school not only offers academic support but there are also many other aspects where the school staff comes to the rescue. These include:
- Disability resources
- Mental health and wellness resources
- Bar preparation
- Religious and spiritual life
### Additional Benefits of Studying at Kent College of Law
Studying at the Kent College of Law has many additional benefits for its students. These include:
- Access to many Chicago law firms and legal organsations
- Clinical programmes for students to work on real-life cases
- Opportunities for the students to participate in moot court and mock trials
- Workshops, resources, and guidance to prepare its students for the bar exam
- A legal research library with many resources and databases for the students to revisit the actual case studies
- Networking events organised by the school to give students access to talk with legal experts
- International programmes offered by the college provide students with global legal studies and make them grow professionally
- Specialised programs that are offered by the school to cater for the specific interests of the students
Midwestern United States
Hot humid summers
Chicago Midway (MDW) Airport
- Second oldest law school in the state of Illinois
- Roughly 85% of the class secured a job six months after their studies
- Ranked number 9 in the country for trial advocacy
- Secured 14th rank in the country for intellectual property
- Out of the graduates from 2019, 90.4% passed the bar exam within two years of graduation
- After 10 months of graduating, roughly 91.4% of the graduates were employed in roles that required passing the bar
- For over 25 years, the school has been teaching LLM students from more than 60 countries
The admission criteria for the Illinois Institute of Technology Kent College of Law are made for the students who are the future of the country. Here are the criteria guidelines:
- All the documents must be uploaded in PDF format on the online portal
- There is a non-refundable application fee
- No application fee for J.D
- Applicants who are practicing lawyers need to provide a notarized copy of their license to practice
- Professional statement (refer to the official website for the questions)
- Two letters of recommendation
- LSAT for J.D. (Not required for LL.M)
International students must meet the following additional requirements:
- TOEFL, PTE, IELTS, or DET scores are a must (valid for 2 years)
- TOEFL minimum 100 (internet-based). Minimum 550 (paper-based)
- IELTS 6.5 minimum.
- DET 100 (students to take English Assessment test on the campus)
At the Kent College of Law, students don't just acquire a job, but also a rewarding career. The school prioritizes practical knowledge over theories, and this offers a leading career in the industry. You will also have access to the career adviser from year one itself. This will help you carve your career pathway. Once you become an alumnus of the school, you will still have access to career services and job postings for your entire career.
The Law School's Legal Externship Programme assists students in earning academic credit. This is done by interning under a respected supervising attorney. This covers legal areas such as private, public, civil, or criminal. There are many private law firms, corporations, and advocacy organizations that are part of the school's networking.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Illinois Institute of Technology - Kent College of Law
Last updated: 11 Oct 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.