GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY
Volgenau School of Engineering
About the school
Inaugurated in 1985, George Mason University’s Volgenau School of Engineering is an expansive and diverse institution. The school’s mission is to identify students who display proactiveness, leadership, and a keen interest in pushing the boundaries of their potential to enhance the world. Volgenau is listed in the top 100 engineering schools by the esteemed U.S News and World Report Best Graduate Schools. With career opportunities in the cybersecurity, healthcare, business, and government sectors, students can look forward to a significant increase in earnings. By choosing Volgenau, students can look forward to advantages such as experienced faculty, uniquely tailored programmes, and significant professional development.
Where is the school located?
The Volgenau School of Engineering is situated within the George Mason University campus. The university is nestled in the city of Fairfax, Virginia, a prime location which provides students with a refreshing atmosphere to engage in state-of-the-art engineering education, research, and collaboration.
Life at Volgenau School of Engineering
The Volgenau School of Engineering offers an enriching experience that goes beyond the conventional academic realm. As it is situated in the prestigious George Mason University, this school offers a unique environment where students can thrive intellectually as well as personally.
Academically rigorous, all students engage with a comprehensive curriculum that covers an array of engineering and information technology fields. The school offers students hands-on experiences and fosters personal growth.This not only allows students to excel in their chosen field, but also makes them well-rounded individuals who can positively shape the future of the engineering and technology fields.
Additional benefits of studying at Volgenau School of Engineering
Real-world Experience - Many fieldwork and network opportunities are offered at the Volgenau School of Engineering. The opportunities are offered by the top tech companies located near the school.
Research Programs: For students interested in research, the school offers cooperative research programs in association with the federal and local government and the private sector's research partnerships. Additionally, there are a plethora of peer mentorship programmes and opportunities in the field of teaching and research.
Adaptable Approach - The school has a cross-disciplinary educational framework prominently featuring cutting-edge 21st-century technology, along with flexible class schedules to facilitate the students.
Fairfax County, Virginia
Southeastern United States
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
Eastern Standard Time (GMT-4)
- Boasts the esteemed ABET accreditation
- Established in 1985 by the visionary Andrew P. Sage .- recipient of a generous gift of $10 million from Ernst and Sara Volgenau in 2005
- Achieved record-breaking enrollment, hosting over 8,000 students in 2020
- Achieved recognition in the HERD Rankings, securing a spot within the top 100 in 2021
- Celebrated the conferral of an impressive tally of 1735 degrees as of February 2023
- Departments and 250 full-time faculty members and 8 departments
The school offers an array of programs for postgraduate degrees. To kickstart your career, applicants need to follow the mentioned criteria -
- Complete the personal information form.
- A four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited US institution.
- Goals Statement
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- College Transcripts
- Minimum 3.00 GPA on a 4.00 scale
- Must meet the university's English proficiency standard.
International students must meet the following additional requirements:
- Proof of English proficiency: You must obtain the minimum score in the following exams to be eligible- TOEFL Internet-Based exam: 88 and 20 each subsection, IELTS: 7.0 and 6.5 each subsection, Duolingo: 120, and Pearson Test of Academic English: 67.
Cost of Attendance (12 Months)
- Living On Campus - $17,550
- Living Off Campus - $25,140
- With Parents - $5,470
- Transportation On Campus - $1,288
- Transportation Off-Campus - $2,765
- Living at Home - $2,765
- Personal Expenses On Campus - $2,266
- Personal Expenses Off-Campus - $6,062
- Personal Expenses at Home - $2,266
- Additional (books and study materials) - $1,278
High Earning Potential: Graduates from the Volgenau School of Engineering earn the highest starting salaries compared to other public schools in Virginia. About 80% of graduates find jobs within six months of their graduation.
Diverse Job Opportunities: The school gathers a wide range of job opportunities from various sources, establishing a dedicated hub for aspiring professionals. Additionally, it ensures that it provides inclusive options for students at all educational levels, whether they are starting on their academic journey or pursuing advanced degrees.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from George Mason University - Volgenau School of Engineering
Last updated: 11 Oct 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.