FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY
College of Business
About the school
Young individuals interested in pursuing formal education in management and leadership can enrol in business programmes offered by the College of Business at Florida State University. The school, founded in 1950, comprises five departments, eight research centres and institutes, and 16 academic degrees. According to the U.S. News & World Report, the school has consistently ranked as one of the top business schools in the United States.
The faculty members are internationally recognised, holding top positions among listings released by Stanford University, the Academy of Management Learning and Education, ResearchGate, and more. Many alums are respected corporate leaders and entrepreneurs making their mark in the global economy. With a rigorous curriculum and strong classroom experience, the College of Business provides its students hundreds of opportunities beyond the classroom through student and professional organisations, competitions, corporate trips, and career fairs.
Where is the school located?
The College of Business is in Tallahassee, Florida. The capital city has thousands of students, law firms, lobbying organisations, and professional associations.
Life at the College of Business
The College of Business offers a variety of student clubs, organisations, and fraternities that provide ample opportunities for students to engage. Some clubs and organisations focus on specific interests or industries, such as the Dales Club, Real Estate Society, Women in Business, the Association for Information Systems (AIS) Student Chapter, and the Financial Management Association (FMA) Student Chapter. Clubs like the Minority Business Society, Consulting Group, Sports Analytics Club, and Private Equity & Venture Capital Club welcome all business students, regardless of their major. The school also has several honour societies & councils, including the Student Leadership Council, Presidents Council, and Beta Gamma Sigma.
Additional benefits of studying at the College of Business
Florida State University has over 700 registered student clubs and organisations. These groups connect students from different programmes to connect. By joining one of these communities, you can access resources and services, attend events, and develop essential skills to aid your overall personal growth and development.
Southeastern region of the United States
Humid subtropical climate
Tallahassee International Airport
EDT from March-November and EST from November-March
- The MBA Specialty in Business Analytics Programme ranks 9th, according to the U.S. News & World Report's 2023 Best Online MBA programmes
- The Master of Science in Finance (MSF) Programme ranks 23rd among public schools
- MSF ranks 40th overall according to TFE Times 2022 Best Masters of Finance programmes
- Wayne Hochwarter, a faculty member, ranks among the top 1% of influential organisational Behaviour scholars
- Joseph Cronin, a member of the faculty, has been recognised as one of the most influential scientists in the field of business and marketing, ranking in the top 2%
If you're applying to the College of Business, note that the admission deadlines for your degree programmes are earlier than those for the entire university. Additionally, you may need to follow additional procedures and prerequisites when applying to a specific programme. Check the school website for more information about each programme and read and follow the instructions carefully to avoid any issues or possible delays.
Generally, students must follow these guidelines to submit their application:
- Online application: Approximately $30,00 application fee
- Applicant Statement
- Current resume/CV
- 3 Letters of recommendation from former college professors, employers, or anyone who understands your skills and abilities
- Florida Residency Declaration (if applicable)
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Official GMAT/GRE score(s) (if applicable)
Please consult the school's necessary admissions and financial aid websites for further detailed information and updates.
International applicants who are non-native English speakers and have yet to complete an undergraduate or graduate degree in an English-speaking country must take an English Language Proficiency exam and submit official test results to Florida State University. The College of Business accepts several English proficiency exams taken within the past two years, including:
- TOEFL: minimum score of 600 on the paper-based test and 100 on the internet-based test
- IELTS: minimum score of 7
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): minimum score of 66
- Duolingo: minimum score of 120
- Cambridge C1 Advanced Level: minimum score of 180
- Michigan Language Assessment: minimum score of 55
- If you are an international graduate applicant seeking a teaching assistantship, you must also pass a test in spoken English
Admitted international graduate students must also complete other necessary paperwork, such as the Certificate of Financial Responsibility Form.
The College of Business has set up a Centre for Professional Success that acts as a critical resource for students in exploring careers, building leadership skills, interview preparation, and helping them with internships and full-time positions. The following statistics showcase job offers for Master's Graduate Placements as of Summer 2021, Fall 2021, and Spring 2022.
- MAcc – Assurance Services: 97.9%
- MAcc – Corporate Accounting: 86.7%
- MAcc – Taxation: 93.8%
- MBA: 93.3%
- Business Analytics: 61.1%
- Finance: 42.4%
- Management Information Systems: 69.2%
- Risk Management & Insurance: 88.2%
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Florida State University - College of Business
Last updated: 26 Oct 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.