DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY
College of Business and Information Systems
About the school
Established in the Dakota Territory for teacher education in 1881, Dakota State University (DSU) has evolved to become one of the few educational institutions in the country that equips its students with the necessary technology skills to thrive in all career fields. Dakota State University - College of Business and Information Systems offers comprehensive education in business, information systems, data analytics, and health informatics. It focuses on providing high-quality, technology-driven learning in a supportive environment. Some of the well-designed postgraduate programmes offered by DSU - College of Business and Information Systems are Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Science in Analytics (MSA), Master of Science in Health Informatics and Information Management (MSHIIM), and Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS).
Where is the school located?
DSU is situated in the heart of Madison, South Dakota. This bustling small town is also the seat of Lake County, known for its hiking trails, scenic lakes, miles of rolling prairie, and two state parks.
Life at College of Business and Information Systems
At Dakota State University - College of Business and Information Systems, students enjoy a welcoming and secure environment. The University's commitment to an enjoyable campus is reflected in various activities and events. Evenings at DSU are lively, with $1 movie nights; entertainment by musicians, hypnotists and comedians; grocery bag bingo, and more. Campus life remains vibrant with events like Trojan Medallion Hunt, Spirit Fridays, and creative contests. Students can choose from a range of residence halls and apartments, each with its unique features. Returning students have various housing options. Group Housing is available in non-traditional residence halls like Residence Village, Courtyard Suites, 8-Plex Apartments, Van Eps Honor Housing and the 2-1-2 House. The on-campus housing package covers complimentary Internet, utilities, round-the-clock maintenance, snow clearance, and assistance with lockouts. The Institution offers diverse meal options for students. The Trojan Marketplace in the Trojan Centre (TC) features daily home-style entrées, fresh salads, pizza, and more. Queue, also in TC, serves made-to-order items, including Caribou Coffee. Bits 'N Bytes convenience store offers grab-and-go meals.
Additional benefits of studying at College of Business and Information Systems
-Supportive Faculty: Postgraduates from Dakota State University - College of Business and Information Systems have exceptional faculty and staff supporting them in every step of their career moves and decisions. The Business faculty, with rich experience, is eager to answer students queries, whether from finance, marketing, management, or accounting. The Computer Information Systems (CIS) faculty are proactive in enlightening students on how a CIS career and a hefty pay package can be earned. - Graduate Assistantship Opportunities: Graduate students with a steady GPA of at least 3.25 can apply for any of the 3 types of graduate assistantships: Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA), Graduate Research Assistant (GRA), or Graduate Administrative Assistant (GAA).
Madison, South Dakota
Midwestern United States
Sioux Falls Regional Airport (FSD)
Central Standard Time (GMT -6)
- Total enrolment number: 3,241
- Total number of graduate students: 484
- Faculty/adjuncts and graduate assistants: 155
- Student employees: 178
- 76% of DSU students receive financial aid for their studies
- The DSU campus has 24 buildings on 62 acres
- To be eligible for admission, applicants must possess a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is a common requirement, although specific programmes may have varying GRE score prerequisites. However, there are circumstances where the GRE requirement can be waived. This includes achieving a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher on a 4.0 scale for a regionally accredited US bachelor's degree, demonstrating success in a regionally accredited US graduate programme, or having graduated from a US regionally accredited college or university at least 15 years ago.
- International students whose native language isn’t English must demonstrate their proficiency in the language by scoring a minimum of 76 in TOEFL iBT, 550 in TOEFL PBT, 6.0 in IELTS, or 53 in PTE Academic. To apply as a graduate international student, follow these steps:
- Complete the graduate application, specifying any additional programme-specific requirements.
- Submit the necessary documentation, including your GRE score (GRE or GMAT for MBA only), recommendations, and transcripts. Ensure these are sent directly to the DSU Graduate Office.
- Demonstrate financial self-sustainability by completing the Certificate of Financial Responsibility form.
- Once financial responsibility is confirmed, you will receive Form I-20, which is essential for applying for an F-1 student visa. #### Fees and other expenses The fees non-residents will incur are the following; keep in mind that they are approximate estimates and are subject to change.
- Tuition and fees: $5,968
- Wireless computing fee: $398
- Housing and food service: $3,931 For specific guidelines, please visit the DSU College of Business and Information Systems website.
- Promising Career Prospects: Postgraduates from Dakota State University - College of Business and Information Systems can easily find lucrative job opportunities in sectors like banking, education and healthcare. Dakota State University reported an impressive 99.7% placement rate for the Class of 2022. These rates reflect the successful transition of graduates into military service, volunteer work, employment, or further education.
- Online Support Resources: Handshake is the main hub for DSU students and alumni to actively search for jobs in various fields of study, internship opportunities and more.
- Lucrative Job Placements: DSU fosters networking opportunities with employers, faculty, advisors, and alumni, leading to graduates securing positions with the US Department of Defense and renowned companies like Lockheed Martin, Oracle, Verizon, IBM and Amazon Web Services. Students can graduate with promising offers in hand, fulfilling their career aspirations.
- Robust Skills Training: The Career and Professional Development Department of the DSU University plays a crucial role in preparing students for their careers, offering resources such as mock interviews, resume assistance, career fairs and an 'Adulting 101' series covering diverse life skills.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Dakota State University - College of Business and Information Systems
Last updated: 07 Dec 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at email@example.com. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.