CUNY - BARUCH COLLEGE
Weissman School of Arts and Sciences
About the school
Named after Mildred and George Weissman to honour their generous donation in 1998, CUNY – Baruch College – Weissman School of Arts and Sciences is committed to the holistic development of students. You can pursue a Master’s degree in Arts Administration, Corporate Communication, Industrial Psychology, Financial Engineering, or Mental Health Counselling. Offering 2,600 majors and boasting 200 full-time faculty members, the school imparts experiential learning in a diverse environment. Money ranked Baruch College 1st among the best colleges in New York, including public and private institutions. Forbes recognised it as the 2nd best public college in New York State and as the public institution with the lowest debt.
Where is the school located?
Situated in New York, Weissman School of Arts and Sciences enjoys proximity to famous buildings, cultural centres, and commercial hubs.
Life at Weissman School of Arts and Sciences
During your stint at the Weissman School of Arts and Sciences, you can explore the Baruch Performing Arts Centre, Sidney Mishkin Gallery, and New Media Artspace to fuel your thinking prowess and imagination. The college has over 130 student clubs, so you can pursue existing passions and develop new interests while meeting like-minded peers. Heritage months based on women’s history, LGBTQIA+, Black history, and more are observed to promote inclusiveness and cultural awareness.
As far as accommodations are concerned, securing on-campus housing can be challenging owing to high demand. However, neighbourhoods have multiple options, such as Columbia Heights Waterfront, Brooklyn Heights, Midtown East, Turtle Bay, and Upper East Side. You can pick from deluxe double or standard double shared rooms that are conveniently close to subway stations and grocery stores.
Additional benefits of studying at Weissman School of Arts and Sciences
You can participate in various leadership programmes to hone organisational, mediation, and interpersonal skills. There are ample opportunities to work for the community, volunteer for different causes, and learn through civic services. Weissman School also offers advisory services and academic help through a writing centre, language lab, and free tutoring.
Career and internship fairs and workshops are held regularly to ensure the best possible professional outcome for students. You can use different applications and portals to connect with prospective employers and grow your network. To tackle the cost of your programme, you can apply for scholarships and loans. The school also provides counselling and psychotherapy services for your mental well-being. Special services and facilities are offered for students with disabilities.
New York, NY campus
New York City
Northeastern United States
New York Skyports Seaplane Base (NYS)
Eastern Standard Time (EST)
- 155 countries represented and 109 languages spoken at Baruch College
- 13 sports teams under varsity NCAA Division III
- College offers 56 specialisations at the graduate level
- Recognised by QuantNet for the best financial engineering programme in the USA (2022)
- Ranked 2nd among public institutions for return on investment by CNBC
- 4,110 graduate enrolments in Fall 2021 at Baruch College
Before applying to the Weissman School of Arts and Sciences, research well and determine what your specific programme requires regarding coursework or skills.
You need to provide the following types of information along with your application:
- Completed online application form
- GRE: Requirement and minimum score might vary across programmes
- 2 letters of recommendation (some programmes might require 3)
- Resume: Covering academic and employment history, volunteer activities, research experience, awards, leadership roles etc.
- Required admissions essay
- Unofficial transcripts from previously attended institutions (both in native language and English translation)
- Quantitative background assessment (might be required for some programmes)
- Proof of English proficiency: Internet-based TOEFL (80)/Paper-based TOEFL (550)/IELTS Academic Level (6.5)/Pearson Academic (53)/Duolingo (105)
- Costs that are not consistent throughout school admissions information online include:
- Technology fee
- Student activity fee
- Academic excellence fee
- Books and supplies
- Personal expenses
Please check the school’s website for more information on admission and financial aid options.
The Graduate Career Services team at Weissman School of Arts and Sciences offers a wide array of services for your professional development. From writing cover letters and resumes to practising mock interviews and building your network with mentors, alumni members, and fellow students, you learn everything necessary to land the job of your dreams. You also get regular notifications on employer information sessions, workshops, and career events.
Here are some of the top companies that hired graduates from different programmes in 2022:
- MA in Arts Administration: New York Live Arts, Queens Museum, Blowback Production, Bold Force SKN, Jazz at Lincoln Centre
- MA in Corporate Communication: Baker Tilly US, Havas Media Group, The Walt Disney Company, JP Morgan Chase, Richemont
- MS in Industrial Psychology: Deloitte Consulting, IBM, NASA, NBC News, Goldman Sachs, Dow Jones, Meta, Vevo
- MA in Mental Health Counselling: Humantold, St. Francis Counselling, Montefiore Health System, Wove Therapy, Upper Manhattan Mental Health Center, Center for Court Innovation
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from CUNY - Baruch College - Weissman School of Arts and Sciences
Last updated: 16 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.