COLLEGE OF WILLIAM & MARY
Raymond A. Mason School of Business
About the school
The Raymond A. Mason School of Business was founded in 1919. Initially known as the Department of Business, the school is a part of the College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia. Today, it offers many graduate and professional-level courses. The school offers some of the highest-ranked MBA programmes in the country, and is recognised as Tier 1 in Global MBA: North American by CEO Magazine, 2022, #3 in Best Online Graduate Business Programmes: Student Engagement by U.S. News & World Report, 2023, #4 in Best Online MBA: School for Career Outcomes by Poets & Quants, 2021, and many more.
The institution boasts a strong alumni network, and their contribution is significant on a global scale. Some famous alumni include Lewis Glucksman (Wall Street trader and former CEO of Lehman Brothers) and Todd Howard (executive producer and game director of Bethesda Softworks).
Williamsburg, Virginia offers a rich blend of history, culture, and modern amenities, making it an ideal location for international graduate students seeking a well-rounded educational experience. The city's welcoming community and proximity to major East Coast cities provide both a serene study environment and exciting weekend getaways.
Where is the school located?
The Raymond A. Mason School of Business is located in Williamsburg, Virginia.
Life at Raymond A. Mason School of Business
The school’s campus is located near the heart of Colonial Williamsburg, in proximity to facilities such as the Swem Library, the Sadler Center, the Sunken Garden, academic buildings, and more. The Lettie Pate Whitehead Evans Graduate Complex, located at 713 S. Henry Street, is designated for graduate students. The residence provides gender-inclusive housing and single-sex apartments with private entrances, WiFi, and air conditioning. The college's Off-Campus Housing website hosts a list of off-campus rentals.
Meal plans are tailored for each student, with easy access to all-you-can-eat facilities across campus. There are a number of coffee houses and cafes, convenience stores, and food trucks, for those long study hours. The McLeod Tyler Wellness Center is a state-of-the-art facility that focuses on wellness on campus. The Bee McLeod Recreation Center has amenities such as a pool, climbing wall, sauna, and more. The campus Zipcar programme, Bike Alliance programme, and transit app cover all on-campus and off-campus travel needs.
Additional benefits of studying at Raymond A. Mason School of Business
- Support for International Students: William and Mary is ranked as the fourth top public university in the United States for studying abroad. The institution is committed to Inclusive Excellence. The International Student Advisory Board (ISAB) advises the Office of International Students, Scholars, and Programmes (ISSP). The International Student Orientation Programme enables the smooth transition of international students.
Southeastern United States
88.3°F (31.3°C) in summers and 57.6°F (14.2°C) in winters
Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport (PHF)
Eastern Time Zone (GMT -5)
- Degree opportunities: 6
- Specialised areas of study: 12
- Student-faculty ratio: 13:1
- Business school alumni network: 20,000+
Admission requirements and fees vary for different courses. A general set of admission requirements is as follows:
- Copies of diplomas or other documentation indicating the date and conferral of degrees covering years of attendance, courses taken, grades achieved, degree, diploma, or certificate awarded, and date of conferral
- If the original language of the academic record and diploma is not English, a certified English literal translation must accompany the original document, and the institution from which the degree was received must certify it
- Average GPA 3.3
- GMAT results in the 60th percentile or more in the Verbal section and 5.0 or better in the AWA section, with an average score of 620
- Proof of English proficiency: an average score of 100 (internet-based), 250 (computer-based) or 600 (paper-based) on the TOEFL and a 6.5 on the IELTS
- Two letters of recommendation
- An essay on why you want to pursue an MBA and an optional personal statement
- A professional resume
Fees and other expenses
A tentative list of expenses an international student might incur:
- Housing fees: around $5,000
- Meal plan charges: around $2,000
- Books and course materials cost: around $2,000
Please consult the College of William: Raymond A. Mason School of Business for detailed information and any updates to this information.
Comprehensive Career Resources: The Raymond A. Mason School of Business Graduate Career Management Center Team provides resources to help students secure full-time careers. This includes access to the following: counselling session with a GCMC consultant; negotiation preparation; MBA networking events; VMock suite of tools (resume and LinkedIn building tool); professional job search databases; professional development tools (LinkedIn learning, W&M leadership podcast, and TED talks); and career programming.
Lucrative Job Placements: The school has an excellent record of helping graduates to secure high-paying jobs. Highlights include: 95% of students receive full-time job offers within 3 months of graduation; an average salary of $110,910 reported by 2022 full-time MBA graduates; average signing bonus of $23,863 reported by 2022 full-time MBA graduates; 52 unique employers hired from the class of 2022 MBAs for jobs; and average annual salary growth of 10.8% for full-time MBA alumni.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from College of William & Mary - Raymond A. Mason School of Business
Last updated: 02 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at email@example.com. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.