CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY
Washkewicz College of Engineering
The Washkewicz College of Engineering at Cleveland State University has an illustrious legacy dating back to its establishment in 1964. The college's reputation has risen over the years, becoming an academic powerhouse with a wide range of research capabilities, great academic programs, and a steadily rising student enrollment.
The college has solidified its position as one of the top colleges for engineering by providing cutting-edge programs that are designed to get students ready for lucrative careers in the field. The Washkewicz College of Engineering is a shining example of quality in engineering education, having received several honors, awards, and recognitions.
What can you study at the Washkewicz College of Engineering?
The Washkewicz College of Engineering is home to a large variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, giving students a wide range of options to follow their passion. The college has cutting-edge research capabilities and state-of-the-art facilities, which enable students to obtain real-world experience and perform ground-breaking research.
The co-op and internship programs provide a special opportunity for students to put their knowledge to use in practical situations, allowing them to refine their abilities and obtain an insightful understanding of the working world.
Here the summary of the majors offered at the Washkewicz College of Engineering:
- Bachelor's, Master's, Doctoral in chemical engineering
- Bachelor's, Master's, Doctoral in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor's, Master's, Doctoral in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor's, Master's, Doctoral in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor's, Master's, Doctoral in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science
How to get admission to Cleveland State University
Cleveland State University has a simple admissions procedure that allows students to apply at any time of the year according to its rolling admissions policy. Both the Common Application and the university's own online application are accepted. Transcripts from high school, ACT or SAT scores, and a personal essay are required of applicants. Fall Admission Deadline: The priority deadline for most undergraduate programs is March 1st, with a final deadline of August 1st. Application Fee: The application fee for Cleveland State University is $40 for undergraduate students and $50 for graduate students.
Prospective students applying to the Washkewicz College of Engineering at Cleveland State University must meet the university's general admission requirements, as well as additional requirements specific to the college.
- Applicants must have completed high school or earned a GED, with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- They must also have completed four years of high school math, including algebra and geometry, and two years of high school science, including one year of chemistry and one year of physics.
- Applicants are also encouraged to submit their ACT or SAT scores.
Washkewicz College of Engineering Cost of Attendance
- Tuition Fees: For graduate students, the tuition fees are $8,380 per semester for Ohio residents and $12,454 per semester for non-Ohio residents.
- ** Required Fees:** $2,500 for undergraduate students and $2,700 for graduate students.
- Residence Hall: On average, the cost for a double occupancy room with a Gold Meal Plan (which provides 14 meals per week) is around $5,500 per semester.
- Off-Campus Housing: On average, the cost for off-campus housing and utilities is around $7,000-$8,000 per year.
- Estimated Personal Expense: $2,000-$3,000 per year.
- Total Direct Cost: $25,000-$30,000 for Ohio residents and $35,000-$40,000 for non-Ohio residents.
- Food Plan: The Gold Meal Plan, which provides 14 meals per week, costs around $1,900 per semester. There are also other meal plan options available to students.
Northeastern Ohio, in the Midwest region of the United States.
Humid continental climate, with hot summers and cold winters.
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.
Eastern Time Zone, which is five hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC-5). Daylight Saving Time is observed from early March to early November.
Cleveland State University Fast Facts:
- Type of University: public research university
- University Enrollment: 15,512 students, including 11,231 undergraduate students and 4,281 graduate students.
- Living Alumni: 125,000+ living alumni
- Graduate Students: 4,281 graduate students enrolled.
- International Students: 1,369 international students from over 90 countries.
- Cleveland State University Programs Acceptance Rate: 81%
Washkewicz College of Engineering Job Placements
Cleveland State University's Washkewicz College of Engineering alums are well-equipped to start a career or pursue graduate study. The most recent statistics from the college show that 88% of alumni found work or enrolled in graduate study within six months after graduation.
- Fortune 500 firms, including General Electric, Parker Hannifin, and Eaton Corporation, are a few of the top employers of Washkewicz College of Engineering graduates.
- Co-op and internship programs are popular among students, and they frequently result in employment offers after graduation.
- The average starting salary for Washkewicz College of Engineering graduates is $63,000 per year and the average mid-career salary for graduates is $110,000 per year.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Cleveland State University - Washkewicz College of Engineering
Last updated: 30 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at email@example.com. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.