CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY - LONG BEACH
College of Engineering
The California State University Long Beach College of Engineering is helping millions of aspirants launch or expand their engineering careers. Ranking among the Money Magazine’s best colleges of 2022, the CSULB proffers an array of programs with hands-on practical learning as an add-on to the theoretical foundations.
It brings forth professionals who create and implement solutions that can deal with all the contemporary and upcoming societal challenges. An advanced curriculum with a perfect classroom ratio gives every student a personalized learning experience.
What Can You Study at California State University Long Beach College of Engineering?
The CSULB serves all traditional and non-traditional students, professionals, and lifelong learners and believes in turning them into innovators. Offerings such as the Antelope Valley Engineering Program, partnerships with local employers, and internship opportunities help students with their Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering degrees and give them real-life experience.
The list of the courses and programs that you can study and apply for at the California State University Long Beach College of Engineering further includes topics such as Bachelor of Science, Minors, Master of Science, and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.).
How to get Admission to California State University?
California State University Long Beach is the most suitable option for all those looking for a pocket-friendly option proffering small batches with top trainers. Moreover, the admission process is simpler. However, you need to apply in time to reserve your seat in the renowned school.
To apply at California State University Long Beach, you can submit the application online.
- Visit the website and fill out the application form.
- You can pay the application fee by international money order or personal check payable.
- You will receive an email from the university once you are selected.
Admission Requirements for International Students
The Long Beach College of Engineering has specific prerequisites for the admission process of international students. Here are the different admission requirements for international freshmen, graduates, and undergraduates.
- Submit the application form within the given deadline
- You are required to submit original and certified English copies of transcripts from all institutions attended.
- CSULB’s English language requirements include an already-taken exam along with the unofficial copy of test scores with supporting documents.
- First-year student STEM applicants must have at least three years of high school math.
- The students must have completed at least 60 transferable semester units or 90 transferable quarter units.
- There are different GPA requirements for different semesters and programs.
- You need to complete four foundation courses, also known as the Golden Four, and meet CSULB’s English language requirements.
- A four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association or an equivalent degree program.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA for the last 60 semester units
- For departments that require a GMAT or GRE, you need to send the official scores during the application.
Note - There’s a different criterion for students interested in a second bachelor’s degree.
Long Beach campus
Los Angeles, California, US
The summers are comfortable, arid, and clear, and the winters are long, cool, wet, and partly cloudy. Over the year, the temperature typically varies from 50°F to 75°F and is rarely below 44°F or above 83°F.
Long Beach Airport, Us FAA, Atlantic Aviation LGB
Pacific Standard Time from January to February and November to December, and Pacific Day Time from March to October.
California State University Fast Facts
- Type of University: Public University
- University Enrollment: California State University has an enrollment rate of nearly 5,000 - undergraduate and graduate students in 2022.
- Living Alumni: 4,000,000+
- Graduate Students: Approximately 55,075
- International Students: Around 1641 on Campus out of 26,745 total students.
- California State University Programs Acceptance Rate: 91%
Long Beach College of Engineering job placement
The Long Beach College of Engineering is not only known for the numerous programs offered but also for its amazing employment rate. Dating back to 1949, the school carries a successful legacy, helping millions of students achieve their dreams.
Have a look at the graduation and employment rate of students enrolled in the DPT program at California State University. The figures will give you a glimpse of how the university helps and support its students.
- Graduation and Employment Rate - Class of 2021 - Employment rate: 100%
- Graduation and Employment Rate - Class of 2020 - Employment rate: 96%
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from California State University - Long Beach - College of Engineering
Last updated: 30 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at email@example.com. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.