The Heller School of Social Policy and Management
The Heller School was established in 1959 with a mission to explore the power of policy in promoting the welfare of society.
Brandeis University unveiled the Heller School for Social Policy and Management as one of its 4 graduate schools. Brandeis University is a Phi Beta Kappa accredited institution, a distinction bestowed upon less than 10% of US educational institutions.
Heller school offers programmes in health policy and management, social policy, and international development. Research work ranges from mental health, substance abuse, and families to international and community development, philanthropy and work inequalities.
U.S. News & World Report ranks some courses offered by The Heller School thus:
- Best Public Affairs Programmes - 57
- Health Policy and Management - 11
- Social Policy - 14
Heller alumni are described as “pragmatic idealists, social justice champions, and audacious thinkers”, and some of them are Sarah Leonard (global public health advisor, CDC), Shadi Sheikhsaraf (external relations officer, UNHCR), and Nicole McCauley (senior consultant, Deloitte).
Waltham is a great place to be in, with a bustling downtown and serene suburban neighbourhoods. Given its proximity to Boston, Waltham is considered among the best places to live in Massachusetts.
What can you study at Brandeis University - The Heller School of Social Policy and Management?
You have plenty of courses to choose from to pursue your Master’s from Heller school.
- Dual MA in Sustainable International Development & MS in Global Health Policy and Management
- Dual MA in Sustainable International Development & Conflict Resolution and Coexistence
- MA in Sustainable International Development
- MA in Conflict Resolution and Coexistence
- Master of Public Policy
- MS in Global Health Policy and Management
- Dual MBA and Master of Arts in Conflict Resolution and Coexistence
- Dual MBA and Master of Arts in Sustainable International Development
- Dual MBA and Master of Public Policy
- Dual MBA and Master of Science in Global Health Policy and Management
How to secure admission at Brandeis University - The Heller School of Social Policy and Management
- Application fee: $55
- Average GRE score: May differ between courses
- Mean TOEFL score: 94 (iBt)
- Recommendations: Differ between courses
- Language eligibility test: TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo
- Tuition fee: Up to $57,652
- Health service/health insurance: $3,632
- Books: $2,036
- Food & personal expenses: $4,777
- Transportation: $2,910
- Total annual cost of admission: $91,197
Scholarships for international students at Brandeis University - The Heller School of Social Policy and Management
- External funding sources: Interested applicants can click here to get an idea about external funding sources for international students.
- International students applying for the World Bank Scholarship must first apply to Heller school by March 1st.
Waltham gets pleasantly warm summers, but winters are bitterly cold with abundant snowfall. The temperature generally fluctuates between -7°C/19°F and 28°C/83°F
Boston (BOS) Airport
Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -4)
Fast facts about Brandeis University - The Heller School of Social Policy and Management
- University enrolment numbers: 3,820
- Heller school enrolment numbers: 417
- Heller alumni: 5,200
- International grad students: 130
- Countries represented: 62
- Most countries represented: China, India, Nigeria, Taiwan
Brandeis University - The Heller School of Social Policy and Management job placement
- The placement rate stands at 99.4%.
- All graduate students can find on-campus work options through the Student Employment platform upon meeting certain eligibility criteria.
- Students are expected to actively seek opportunities and apply considering their interests, skills, and career goals.
- The Career Development team works to educate, advise, and connect. Students are provided with valuable skills through various career education programmes and workshops. These initiatives aim to equip them with skills in networking, resume and cover letter creation, interview techniques, salary negotiation, and utilising professional platforms. The institution also offers individual advising appointments, which can be scheduled through the Handshake platform.
- The Career Development team builds connections with alumni to foster relationships that lead to job opportunities, internships, and other professional prospects. Experiential treks to neighbouring cities such as Boston are organised to enable face-to-face interactions with alumni and potential employers.
- The Career Development team further provides information about internships and volunteer opportunities. These opportunities include internships at The Carter Center Internship Program, the International Crisis Group (ICG), International Jobs Center, and the International Volunteer Programs Association (IVPA), among others.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Brandeis University - The Heller School of Social Policy and Management
Last updated: 30 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at email@example.com. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.