Hankamer School of Business
The inception of Baylor Business School in Waco, Texas can be traced back to 1923, though its origins go further back to 1919 when Baylor University president Samuel Palmer Brooks proposed the establishment of a business school. The Baylor Business School has continued to evolve and expand, introducing pioneering programmes tailored to meet industry demands. This commitment to innovation has positioned the school as a national leader in various domains. Baylor University's Hankamer Business School has been recognised as the 60th-best business school in the U.S. News & World Report rankings. Further, The Princeton Review ranks the school sixth in the Entrepreneurship Speciality rankings. Hankamer Business School takes pride in its accomplished alumni who have excelled in their respective fields. Notable examples include Matt Clark (CEO, OneNeighbor, Inc), Jay Wendt (CEO, Martin Bionics), and Amber Roy (COO, Triumph Business Capital). Located along the Brazos River, Waco is known for its affordable housing, giving off a charming town-like feel even amidst urban growth and regeneration. The city enjoys a moderate climate and a healthy jobs market.
Which courses can you take up at Baylor University - Hankamer School of Business?
You can choose your preferred Master’s course from the list provided below:
- MS in Information Systems
- Master of Accounting
- Master of Taxation
How to secure admission at Baylor University - Hankamer School of Business
- Application fee: Varies depending on the course
- Average GRE score: Depends on department
- Mean TOEFL score: 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based) or 100 (internet-based)
- Average UG GPA: 3.0
- Recommendations: 3 letters of recommendation
- Language eligibility test: GRE, GMAT, Duolingo, TOEFL, IELTS
- Health service/health insurance: $3,413 per year
- Books: $1,390
- Food and other personal expenses: Up to $4,100
- Total annual cost of admission: $33,279
Scholarships for international students at Baylor University - Hankamer School of Business
International and domestic students are evaluated equally for scholarships, without needing a separate application. Once you receive an admission notification from the business school, you will be informed if you have been granted a scholarship. Applying early increases your chances of receiving priority consideration.
Waco experiences an average low temperature of around -3°C/27°F and a high of 36°C/97°F. The temperature rarely drops below 27°F or exceeds 39°C/102°F
Dallas/Ft.Worth (DFW), Houston (IAH), Austin (AUS), Dallas (DAL), Waco (ACT)
Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)
Fast facts about Baylor University - Hankamer School of Business
- University enrolment numbers: 19,297
- Active alumni: 180,000
- Student-to-professor ratio: 16:1
- Master’s students: 687
- International students: 920
- International grad students: 286
- Countries represented: 100 +
Baylor University - Hankamer School of Business job placement
- The placement rate stands at an impressive 93%
- Hankamer School of Business’ Career Management Center is committed to connect exceptional graduate students with corporate recruiters
- The Baylor University Career Center is dedicated to establishing connections between employers and students across various fields of study and academic levels.
- The different avenues available for recruitment include:
1) Enlightening sessions: Recruiters prefer virtual platforms through Handshake to share company information, available positions, and other relevant details with students
2) Career day: The University hosts campus-wide career fairs in September and February each year, inviting employers from all fields of study
- The University’s career centre offers extensive support, including specialised career coaching, valuable resources, connections with employers, assistance with graduate school planning, and more
- The Accounting Corporate Partner programme has proven successful by offering partners increased exposure to students and faculty
- The Entrepreneurship Internship Program allows students to apply their classroom knowledge in real-world business environments, expanding their skill sets and professional networks. Students can earn 3 academic credits for their internship work
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Baylor University - Hankamer School of Business
Last updated: 30 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.