What you need to know for your Cranfield University - School of Engineering loan
- No co-signer, collateral or guarantor required
- UK/EU nationalities eligible
- Loans available for current and incoming UK/EU students
- No up-front fee
- 6 month grace period after classes end for full-time programs
- No fees for early repayment
- Get a provisional loan decision within 5 business days
What programs are supported?
- We support all full-time Masters programs that are completed within 2 years of study at Cranfield University School of Engineering from the following faculties:
- School of Aerospace, Transport and Manufacturing
- School of Water, Energy and Environment
- Cranfield Defence and Security
Can't find your program at our site? Let us know. We will add it to the list.
Refinancing of existing loans available soon! Interested? Let us know.
How much can I borrow?
- Loan size is £8,000
- All loans disbursed directly to the school in accordance with tuition due dates
- Loans are available in GBP
- If your total payments to the school exceed the amount of tuition due, the remaining amount will be disbursed directly from the school to your local bank account
What is my rate?
- 5.6% (fixed) over the 3-month GBP Libor base rate (variable). Rates are dependent on individual applicant profiles.
- See below for representative APR and representative example. Why is APR important? Details here.
Are there fees?
- An admin fee of £400 is added to the loan amount and fully amortized.
How do I repay the loan?
- The loan is repaid in monthly payments after your grace period has ended.
- For full-time students the grace period is 6 months after classes end.
- The repayment period is either 7 or 10 years, depending on your programme and application.
- There are no fees or penalties for early repayment!
- What are my repayment options?
Is there a deadline to apply?
- No, but try to submit an application at least one month before the loan needs to be disbursed to your school to ensure timely disbursement.
Are there nationalities Prodigy Finance cannot lend to?
- Yes, unfortunately. While Prodigy Finance is able to lend to students from 150 nationalities, here is a list of the currently restricted nationalities.
Would you like to hear from our current students who are using Prodigy Finance loans to fund their studies? There are quite a few in this video and you can get in touch with a few of them through our Ambassadors programme.
The below provides an example of a Prodigy Finance loan for the MSc programme.
Loan size: £20,000
Interest rate: 7.5% over 3-month GBP Libor (Libor varies over the duration of the loan. As of July 8, 2017 it is 0.297%)
Representative APR: 8.72% variable APR, factoring in all fees and the effects of interest.
Fees: Administrative fee of 2.5%, or £500. This fee will be added to the total loan amount and fully amortised for a total credit of £20,500.
Duration: Repayment period of 7 years, plus the study period of 12 months and a grace period of 6 months = 102 months.
Total amount payable: £29,432
Amount of each monthly repayment: £350.38
Please note the following when you consider taking your loan:
Loans denominated in a currency other than the currency of your tuition and/or the currency of your post-Master degree salary, may be affected by fluctuations in foreign exchange rates. Prodigy Finance is not responsible for any differences in amounts that these currency fluctuations may cause, and does not benefit from any currency appreciation or depreciation.