UNIVERSITY OF STRATHCLYDE
School of Government & Public Policy
About the school
A degree in political or social science is ideal for individuals who aspire to have a positive impact on a national and international level. The School of Government and Public Policy is a top-notch school in the UK, offering world-class teaching that explores political systems and institutions. The institute offers postgraduate courses in International Relations, Political Research, Urban Policy and Analysis, Public Policy, and many more. Students can expect to gain an understanding of policy-making, political science, and practical approaches to political issues.
Where is the school located?
The Strathclyde School of Government and Public Policy is located in Glasgow, Scotland. It is Scotland's largest city and home to first-class restaurants and museums, as well as a legendary music scene.
Life at School of Government & Public Policy
The School of Government and Public Policy provides students with enriching experiences that fosters well-rounded development. The university’s diverse extracurricular offerings provide students with opportunities to cultivate life-long friendships and grow beyond academics. The Politics Society is a student-run club that brings together students to engage in current political issues. Other clubs cater to media, the arts and music, hobbies, as well as faith-based and cultural organisations.
Additional benefits of studying at School of Government & Public Policy
- Diverse Dining Options: The campus also accommodates many dining options to suit the different preferences and dietary needs of students. For a quick bite, there are cafes and eateries that offer snacks.
West Central Scotland
Glasgow (GLA) Airport
British Summer Time (GMT +1)
- Ranked #1 in REF2021 for Politics research by Times Higher Education
- Ranked #6 in the UK for Politics by The Times Good University Guide 2023
- 89% for Research Quality as per The Complete University Guide 2024
The School of Government and Public Policy offers a wide range of postgraduate courses in Politics, and many of these programmes may have specific entry requirements. Students should check the college website for detailed information about their programme choice. International applicants who do not meet a postgraduate course's direct academic entry requirements can study a Pre-Masters programme at the University of Strathclyde International Study Centre.
Generally, you will need to provide the following information:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Academic transcript, showing the subjects you have taken and grades. If the qualification is not in English, students must provide an official translation of each and the copies of the original documents.
- Sponsor letter for scholarship funding information (if applicable)
- Resume/ CV
- Personal Statement
- Portfolio as required for your selected programme
- Passport for overseas applicants for your Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) Student visa
- English language test certification, such as IELTS, for students whose native language is not English
Fees and other expenses
International students will need to bear visa and immigration costs, tuition fees, application fees, textbooks, and other costs. The tuition fee also differs for international students. Please consult the school's necessary admissions and financial aid websites for detailed information and any updates to this information.
- Diverse Career Options: School of Government and Public Policy equips students with a vast array of skills and knowledge in the field of politics valued by employers. Graduates of the school go on to work for public and private organisations, and think tanks. Many graduates also go on to pursue their PhDs.
Some of the organisations the graduates work with include the following:
- Audit Scotland
- Centre for African Family Studies
- Centre for Scottish Public Policy
- Hall Aitken Associates
- Health and Social Care Alliance
- Invicta Public Affairs
- Ministry of Finance Iceland
- Morgan Stanley
- Santander Bank UK
- Scottish Refugee Council
- Serco Group
- The Improvement Service
- The Scottish Parliament
- United Nations Development Programme
- West and Central Voluntary Network
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from University of Strathclyde - School of Government & Public Policy
Last updated: 02 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.