UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS - AMHERST
College of Engineering
The UMass Amherst - College of Engineering offers the top public engineering course in the New England region of the US, and ranks among the top 30 public courses in the country.
The College of Engineering traces its origins back to World War II when it nurtured returning veterans. It has transformed into a powerful institution for academia and research, with five academic departments spearheading groundbreaking research projects that have an annual budget of over $50 million.
The domains of research include advanced manufacturing, AI and robotics, computing, cybersecurity, energy and environmental studies, healthcare, materials, nanotechnology, and infrastructure development. The UMass Amherst College of Engineering has a 97% success rate in career placement.
The Outstanding Young Alumni Award function is held annually to felicitate the college’s prestigious products. Some of them are Rim Benoud-Schmitz (technical programme manager, Amazon), Sara Green (global hydroprocessing catalyst solutions lead, ExxonMobil), and Andrew C. Sousa (manager of hardware engineering, American Robotics).
Located in the picturesque Pioneer Valley, Amherst is a friendly and welcoming city, though its official nomenclature is still “The town”. The town’s centre is a lively area full of shops and fun activities. Amherst doesn’t have the hustle and bustle of city life, but is a modern town in all respects.
What can you study at UMass Amherst - College of Engineering?
- Electrical and Computer Engineering: MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Computer Science: MS in Computer Science
- Engineering Management: MS in Engineering Management
- Chemical Engineering: MS in Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering: MS in Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering: MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Transportation Engineering: MS in Transportation Engineering
How to secure admission at UMass Amherst - College of Engineering
- Application fee: $85
- Average GRE score: 292
- Mean TOEFL score: 80
- Average UG GPA: 3.0/4.0
- Recommendations: Letters of recommendation required
- IELTS: 6.5
- PTE Academic: 53
- Duolingo: 105
- Tuition fee: $39,713
- Health Service/Health Insurance: $2,480
- Books, personal expenses: $1,444
- Food: $7,282
- Total annual cost of admission: $61,857
Admission process at UMass Amherst - College of Engineering
- For a graduate programme, applicants should begin by registering for a new account. A distinct account must be created for each application that needs to be submitted.
- Pop-up blockers must be turned off for the application website to ensure proper functionality.
- Prior to finalising and submitting the application, it is crucial to carefully review the specific requirements of the graduate programme being applied for.
- Additional documents or test scores may be required. It is essential to upload a copy of current or final transcripts for all colleges or universities attended with at least 9 credits. Each transcript should be separately uploaded.
- The application fee of $85 must be paid before the application can be processed.
- The timeline for reviewing applications varies by programme. Hence, it is essential to directly contact the academic programme for any questions or concerns.
- International students on student visas will not qualify for in-state tuition. They must contact the Admissions Office and provide appropriate visa documentation to initiate a residency reclassification review.
Scholarships for international students at UMass Amherst - College of Engineering
International students can apply for private loans with a cosigner who is a US citizen or Permanent Resident. You can learn more about alternative loan options for international students. The International Programs Office also provides helpful information on loans for international scholars.
Amherst, MA campus
Temperatures typically range between -8°C/17°F and 28°C/83°F throughout the year
Bradley International Airport (BDL)
Eastern Time Zone (GMT -4)
Fast facts about UMass Amherst - College of Engineering
- University enrollment numbers: 2,860
- Living alumni: 16,000
- Undergraduates: 2,250
- Postgraduates: 610
- International students: 3,363
- International grad students: 1,699
- Countries represented: 46
UMass Amherst - College of Engineering job placement
- With a student-to-faculty ratio of 14:1, an array of student groups, and abundant learning and exploration opportunities, the college has a 97% success rate in career placement.
- Several career fairs are held throughout the year wherein employers can connect with aspiring engineers seeking full-time positions, internships, or co-op opportunities.
- Third-party recruiters seek candidates for temporary, part-time, or full-time positions on behalf of entities such as profit and non-profit organisations and employment agencies. Such recruiters must reveal their client’s identity as well as maintain the confidentiality of student information. They are prohibited from charging applicants any fees.
- The Career Development and Experiential Learning Center is a valuable resource for Engineering students. It offers assistance with resume and cover letter writing, career fair preparation, and mock interviews. Students can also schedule one-on-one counselling appointments at the centre.
- Students can make appointments with the centre’s staff, access the event calendar, and view job/internship/co-op announcements through Handshake by producing their UMass Net ID and password.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from University of Massachusetts - Amherst - College of Engineering
Last updated: 30 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at email@example.com. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.