UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY
College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
About the school
The University of Maryland Baltimore County - College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences was established in 1966 as the first public university in Maryland that prioritises experiential learning opportunities that includes internships, service-learning, and research. UMBC is a top-ranked national university offering various Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences programmes with an inclusive culture that connects innovative teaching and learning. These courses encourage research across disciplines and civic engagement and connect students with a shared mission and vision. UMBC courses give students a solid academic foundation that includes courts, laboratories, concert halls, a stage for performances, and classroom academics. The institute aims to promote social justice and takes action to address inequities. The school is a global leader in research, education, community engagement, and affordability. UMBC has 1,200 international students from over 100 countries. The institute enjoys top rankings and professional collaborations due to its high graduation rates and for creating leaders in student support and achievement. UMBC is a member of the University Innovation Alliance (UIA).
Where is the school located?
The prime location of the institute and its details are as follows:
Life at College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
The University of Maryland Baltimore County - College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences has over 260 student organisations and cultural groups, over 150 yearly arts and culture events, and 17 Division I athletics teams. The core services students benefit from are admissions and aid, research, arts and culture, athletics and recreation, clubs and activities, events, health and well-being, and a thriving residential life. The institute offers residential halls and apartments for students, educational opportunities and recreational activities. Several events create an inclusive and friendly campus. Students can enjoy various inter-disciplinary creative spaces and indulge in physical activities with gallery exhibitions and fitness studios.
Additional benefits of studying at College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- International Student Support: The University of Maryland Baltimore County - College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences assists students with its effective career centre and department for international students. These resources help students perform better academically, address their international queries and concerns, and support them build their careers.
- Diverse Extracurricular Activities: The cultural communities and student organisations help students dive deeper into their passions and curiosities and meet people. These clubs and associations host student-organised live events, movie nights, visual and performing arts exhibits, athletic games, and more. Students can also engage with others through hobbies and sports, service and volunteer activities, and 20 fraternity and sorority chapters. UMBC’s bustling SEB – Students Events Board plans and organises various events for students.
Baltimore, Maryland, Washington, D.C.
Northern United States
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
Eastern Time Zone (GMT -4)
- UMBC is the nation’s #1 producer of Black undergraduates who go on to complete a Ph.D. in the natural sciences or engineering
- UMBC ranks 48th globally for faculty recognised for their research
- 86% of the classes have under 50 students, and the student-to-faculty ratio is 17:1
- Times Higher Education recognises UMBC as one of the top universities in the U.S. and the world
- According to the 2023 U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges Rankings, UMBC ranks #10 most innovative university and #9 top universities for undergraduate teaching nationwide
- U.S. News & Report names UMBC graduate programmes among the nation’s best
Graduate students must follow the given below procedure to gain admission to the University of Maryland Baltimore County - College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences: Admission process: - The first step is to submit the admissions application with verifiable criteria that include minimum grade point average (GPA) and language proficiency requirements. Applicants must submit: - 3.0 GPA or “B” average when applying - Goal Statement - Reference Contact Information - Education History - Official transcripts - GRE Scores - Resume/ CV - Writing Sample - Supplemental or Department Requirements - Maryland residency - Proof of English proficiency (International students only): You must obtain the minimum score in the following exams to be eligible- TOEFL Paper-Based exam: 550, TOEFL Internet-Based exam: 80, IELTS: 6.5, and Duolingo: 115.
- High Job Placement Rates: 91% of degree recipients are employed and/or pursuing further education within 6 months of graduation.
- Expert Career Guidance: The Division of Student Affairs - Career Center of UMBC is dedicated to helping students to explore a wide variety of careers. The team works with students at every academic level and helps with internships, co-ops, and research. Students receive support for academic internships, gain access to workshops, get assistance with preparing documents and networking, and learn to negotiate and evaluate job offers.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from University of Maryland Baltimore County - College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
Last updated: 10 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at email@example.com. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.