UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE
College of Arts and Sciences
The College of Arts and Sciences is the intellectual and cultural heart of the University of Delaware. The University was established in 1921 by merging Delaware College and a women's college.
Delaware University’s College of Arts and Sciences offers a vast range of courses, from anthropology and history to applied mathematics, biochemistry, physics, and data science. Nationally, the college ranks 100th in biological sciences, 58th in chemistry, 77th in computer science, 80th in mathematics, and 73rd in physics.
The college’s outstanding alumni list is a long one. Notable among them are Adam Jenkins (MD and global portfolio management head, Blackstone), Grace Leong (CEO, marketing communications firm Hunter), and Lisa Blunt Rochester (politician and Congresswoman).
The college is located in Newark, a petite and picturesque city in Delaware. Greenery abounds in the city, including around the campus area. Newark is bounded by miles of forest trails that entice hikers of all ages. The city is dotted with restaurants, coffee shops, and parks.
What can you study at the University of Delaware - College of Arts and Sciences?
You can choose your subject from any of the following Master's courses at Delaware University's College of Arts and Sciences:
- Chemistry and Biochemistry: MA in Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Mathematics: MS in Mathematics
- Biological Sciences: MS in Biological Sciences
- Applied Mathematics: MS in Applied Mathematics
- Chemistry and Biochemistry: MS in Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Physics: MS in Physics
- Data Science: MS in Data Science
How to secure admission at the University of Delaware - College of Arts and Sciences
- Application fee: $75
- Average GRE score: 306 or above; Quantitative: 155, Verbal: 151
- Mean TOEFL score: 79 or above
- Average UG GPA: Between 3.67 and 4.19
- Recommendations: May vary between departments
- Language eligibility test: TOEFL iBT, IELTS, CAE, DET, GMAT, GRE
- Tuition fee: $17,622
- Health service/health insurance: $2,968
- Living expenses: $17,304
- Total annual cost of admission: $39,026
Scholarships for international students at the University of Delaware - College of Arts and Sciences
Awards span a spectrum from $5,000 to $18,000 annually, presenting an enticing opportunity for financial support. These scholarships extend for the duration of 4 years, contingent upon the student upholding a commendable 3.0 grade-point average while studying at the university.
The great news for first-year international students is that they are automatically evaluated for all available scholarships without the need for a separate application. By simply applying, they have a chance to secure these valuable financial aids.
The summers are warm, humid, and wet; the winters are cold and snowy. Year-round temperatures typically vary between -3.3°C/26°F and 30°C/86°F.
Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -4)
Fast facts about the University of Delaware - College of Arts and Sciences
- University enrolment numbers: 23,613
- Master’s students: 4,285
- International students: 2,279
- International grad students: 1,151
- Global alumni: 20,000+
- Countries represented: 48
University of Delaware - College of Arts and Sciences job placement
The college has a placement rate of 97%, with students getting the following opportunities:
- The Career Center hosts several career events throughout the academic year, catering to different industries and communities. These events are aimed to unite talented students with prospective employers.
- Students can explore and apply for jobs and interviews through the Handshake platform.
- The Career Spotlight programme aims to expand students' understanding of career paths beyond academia by establishing connections between alumni, employers, and current graduate students. Students get to learn firsthand from guest speakers about their professional journeys.
- Graduate student organisations can request career skill-building workshops to aid in the job search process. These workshops delve into career exploration, professional networking, application materials, interview preparation, and salary negotiations.
- Postdoctoral trainees and graduate students can schedule individual career appointments with a senior assistant dean. These appointments cover topics from career exploration and goal setting, to networking and job search strategies.
- The Virtual Interview Program gives students the chance to engage with some 160 organisations each year as these organisations seek to fill full-time, part-time, and internship positions. The interview process helps students gain clarity on their career goals and enhances their interview skills.
- The Job Shadow Program helps students connect with alumni and employers for informational interviews. Students can ask questions related to specific industry areas, the job search process, and the host's personal career journey.
Life at the University of Delaware - College of Arts and Sciences
Life at campus is wholesome and enjoyable, always teeming with activity given the regular visits by distinguished guest speakers and inter-college athletes. The 300-plus student organisations also host concerts and various arts and cultural activities.
- Dorms have single or double rooms and students can bring their own cooking appliances and other gadgets. The bathrooms on each floor are fully-furnished.
- Students can have their meals in the dining halls that operate on an "all-you-can-eat" basis.
- On-campus activities include involvement in performing arts groups, honour societies, fraternities, sororities, and club sports.
- Concerts are hosted featuring fellow students, local bands, or even major recording artists.
An array of student services are at your fingertips that encompass offerings such as academic support beyond basic remedial tutoring, guidance for securing employment through placement services, reliable daycare facilities, and comprehensive health services.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from University of Delaware - College of Arts and Sciences
Last updated: 30 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at email@example.com. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.