UNIVERSITY OF DAYTON
College of Arts and Sciences
About the school
The University of Dayton, founded in 1850, is a private top-tier Catholic research university located in Dayton, Ohio. It is ranked No.1 in the United States for materials R&D. One of the largest academic units in the University is the College of Arts and Sciences.
The College takes pride in its notable alumni who hold various distinguished positions, including Destiny Watson (founder and CEO of You Matter 2) and Garrett FitzGerald (founder and CEO of Home Front Alliance).
### Where is the school located?
Life at College of Arts and Sciences
Students can enjoy a variety of on-campus housing facilities such as residence halls, suites, apartments and houses. There are separate residences for undergraduates and graduates. Students who wish to stay off-campus have the option of apartments or houses close to campus.
With nine unique dining halls on campus, students can find dining options that satisfy them. For on-the go meals, the emporium houses a mini convenience store that sells snacks, frozen food, and other fresh food items.
Students can indulge themselves in fitness and recreational activities at the recreation center at RecPlex, which offers state-of-the-art equipment and features. There are also more than 250 student organisations and an active events calendar, which contribute to a lively environment.
Additional benefits of studying at the College of Arts and Sciences
- Academically Rigorous: Faculty-mentored research and experiential learning are hallmarks of all the departments in the College of Arts and Sciences. This academic approach prepares students for a fruitful career as a scientist. The STEM Catalyst initiative provides funds and supports student STEM research at the College.
Midwest region of the United States
Dayton International Airport, Cincinnati Airport
Eastern Standard Time (GMT -4)
- Student enrolment number: 11,770
- Graduate and law students: 3,327
- Undergraduate students:8,133
- International students:1%
- Living alumni:125,000+
- Complete application form
- Official school transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Letters of recommendation
- Resume/ CV
- Overall GPA at least 3.0 out of 4.0
- Personal statement
- Some programs may require a graduate entrance examination (GRE or GMAT)
- No application fee is charged
International graduate applicants must satisfy the following additional requirements to apply to the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Dayton:
- Applicant’s undergraduate transcripts translated into English
- Proof of English proficiency: You must obtain the minimum score in the following exams to be eligible- TOEFL Internet-Based exam: 80, IELTS: 6.5, Duolingo: 110, and Pearson Test of Academic English: 60
- GMAT minimum score of 150
- Visa clearance forms (F-1 or J-1). Applicants must also submit proof of the financial ability to cover tuition, fees and living expenses for the duration of their studies
The College of Arts and Sciences has a stellar placement rate, with 97% of students finding employment in graduate schools or full-time service programs within six months of graduation.
The career support provided for students includes:
Career Expos: Employment fairs and workshops are held every semester. These events give students an opportunity to meet with potential employers and network.
Comprehensive Career Support: Easy access to the Handshake portal allows students to secure career and internship opportunities. Students can also network with companies throughout the US, learn about corporate culture, and find insider hints for job interviews on the platform.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from University of Dayton - College of Arts and Sciences
Last updated: 13 Oct 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.