UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA DAVIS
College of Engineering
About the school
The University of California, Davis College of Engineering, located in Davis, California, is distinguished by its ABET accreditation, ensuring the excellence of its engineering programmes. Davis' thriving cultural offerings, strategic central location, and emphasis on well-being further elevate the college experience, providing students with a well-rounded and enriching educational journey. At the forefront of research, the college excels in Biomedicine, Climate Studies, Food, Energy, Water Systems, Coffee Science, Transportation Solutions, and Space Exploration. Renowned experts lead these dynamic research areas, leveraging significant external funding from esteemed centres and institutes. These research opportunities empower students with hands-on experiences, mentorship from industry leaders, and the chance to contribute to groundbreaking discoveries, solidifying the college's reputation for academic excellence and real-world impact.
Where is the school located?
College of Engineering is located in Davis, California, USA. It provides students with access to state-of-the-art facilities, a dynamic academic environment, and a thriving community known for its strong ties to technology, innovation, and research.
Life at College of Engineering
Life as a Master's student at the University of California, Davis College of Engineering provides a stimulating academic environment with research opportunities, interdisciplinary collaboration, and strong faculty mentorship. The campus's vibrant community and numerous engineering-focused organisations enable networking and balanced work-life engagement. With access to career services, a diverse student body, and the proximity to industry hubs like the Bay Area and Sacramento, students can expect a holistic experience that combines academic excellence with personal growth.
Additional benefits of studying at College of Engineering
- Academic Excellence: Studying at the University of California, Davis College of Engineering offers additional benefits such as engagement in cutting-edge research, valuable industry ties to tech hubs, entrepreneurial avenues, renowned faculty mentorship, advanced facilities, global exposure, and financial aid opportunities. Students also benefit from interdisciplinary exploration, a strong alumni network, comprehensive career development resources, diverse cultural experiences, and specialised research facilities. This combination of academic excellence, industry connections, and personal growth prospects enhances the overall educational journey for Master’s students.
Davis, CA campus
Western United States
Sacramento International Airport (SMF)
Pacific Standard Time Zone (GMT -8)
Public University Total University Enrollment: 5800 Graduation Enrollment: 1200 Living Alumni: 28,339 worldwide Graduated students to date: 29,000
The admission criteria at the University of California Davis - College of Engineering typically include:
- A minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) from the institution where you have earned or will earn your bachelor's degree
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent that is comparable to a degree from the University of California, both in the distribution of academic subject matter and in scholarship achievement.
- Applicants must submit TOEFL/IELTS/Duolingo scores
- In addition to the above requirements, international students may need to fulfil the following: Graduate programmes may require entrance exams, such as the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), other relevant ability or achievement tests, letters of recommendation, a GPA and/or English language testing score higher than the university minimum, and/or other programme-specific material as the programme finds appropriate.
Lucrative Career Options: The University of California, Davis - College of Engineering has established a strong reputation for its remarkable job placement success. Graduates from the college secure coveted positions with prestigious employers like Intel, Google, Apple, and Amazon, underscoring the calibre of education and training offered.
High Earning Potential: The Class of 2022 mean annual salary was $139,966, encompassing bonuses and supplementary compensation. This notable earning potential underscores the high regard and recognition that graduates from the College of Engineering receive within the job market, highlighting the college's commitment to fostering successful careers and impactful contributions to the field of engineering
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from University of California Davis - College of Engineering
Last updated: 02 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.