STEVENS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
School of Systems and Enterprises
Founded in 1870, Stevens Institute of Technology (SIT) is a private research university and among the nation's oldest technological universities. The University is listed among the Ivy League institutions.
The University comprises the School of Systems and Enterprises (SSE) and three other academic schools. SSE is among the nation's first schools dedicated to systems science and engineering. Students receive a practical, application-driven education that combines meticulous studies with research and entrepreneurial opportunities.
SSE houses the Systems Engineering Research Center (SERC), a University-Affiliated Research Center (UARC) of the US defence department.
The school’s online engineering graduation course is ranked 12th nationally by U.S. News & World Report.
Charles Alfred Walton (RFID technology), Chadwell O'Connor (improved fluid-damped tripod head), and Aaron Cohen (executive, NASA) are just a few names that tumble out from the long alumni list.
Hoboken is famous for its myriad cuisine, breweries, inventors, and artists. The city offers incredible views of the Manhattan skyline, boasts of many outdoor activities, has fantastic restaurants, and a fun nightlife.
Which courses can you take up at SIT - School of Systems and Enterprises?
The Princeton Review ranks SIT at 17th spot in its list of Best Value Colleges. The reason is for the school offering courses such as:
- MS in Software Engineering
- MEng in Space Systems Engineering
- MEng in Systems Analytics
- MEng in Engineering Management
- MEng in Systems Engineering
How to secure admission at SIT - School of Systems and Enterprises
- Application fee: $70
- Average GRE score: Required only for full-time study
- Mean TOEFL score: 80 iBT
- Average UG GPA: 3.0
- Recommendations: 2 letters of recommendation; one from a teacher and one from a guidance counsellor
- Language eligibility test: TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English, Pearson PTE Academic Test, SAT
- Tuition fee: $43,528
- Health service/health insurance: $2,204
- Books: $1,000
- Food and other expenses: $18,650
- Total annual cost of admission: $64,228
Scholarships for international students at SIT - School of Systems and Enterprises
Every year, SIT awards a limited number of Global Scholarships to international students with exceptional academic achievements. International students must submit the CSS PROFILE on the College Board website to be considered for an institutional scholarship. The scholarship can be renewed for 8 full-time undergraduate semesters, provided the academic progress remains consistent.
Hoboken, NJ campus
Hoboken experiences warm summers and cold winters. Throughout the year, the temperature typically varies from -6°C/21°F to 30°C/85°F.
New York Skyports Seaplane Base (NYS) Airport, New York La Guardia (LGA), Newark (EWR), New York JFK (JFK), White Plains (HPN)
Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -4)
Fast facts about SIT - School of Systems and Enterprises
- University enrolment numbers: 9,314
- Undergraduate headcount: 4,070
- Living alumni: 50,000
- Masters students: 5,244
- International students: 67% (graduates), 3% (undergraduates)
- Countries represented: 70
Job placement opportunities at SIT - School of Systems and Enterprises
- The University’s placement rate stands at 97.3% wherein the annual average salary is $75,400. SIT is currently authorised to extend invitations to students to participate in an internship programme that aligns with the educational requirements of their respective home institutions.
- The internships are tailored specifically for international students currently studying at a post-secondary academic institution outside the US and actively pursuing a degree. The student's ongoing course outside must qualify with the internship for eligibility.
- The Stevens Career Center offers students virtual and on-campus personalised services and resources. It facilitates virtual and on-campus recruiting events for internships, cooperative education experiences, and full-time employment. Employers comprise over 600 each year, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies.
- The centre firmly believes in the inclusion of diverse perspectives, experiences, interests, and identities. Furthermore, it is committed to fairness, equitable treatment, and inclusiveness.
- The talent development team collaborates closely with each student, offering guidance in identifying the most suitable career options aligned with their course and career interest. Students are encouraged to meet with a coach either in-person or virtually.
- The career education curriculum comprises 4 x 50-minute workshops designed to equip every student with the necessary knowledge for a successful internship or job search.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Stevens Institute of Technology - School of Systems and Enterprises
Last updated: 30 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.