SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY
School of Medicine
Saint Louis University’s School of Medicine has a rich history of excellence in education, research, and patient care. Established in 1836, this institution holds the distinction of granting the first medical degree west of the Mississippi River.
The medical courses offered by the School of Medicine have garnered popular recognition. U.S. News & World Report ranks it 85th among the top medical schools for research, and 58th for primary care nationally. The school also stands out for its commitment to diversity, ranking 110th among the most diverse medical schools.
The School of Medicine is a leading centre of research in the 5 key areas of cancer, infectious disease, liver disease, ageing and brain disorders, and heart and lung disease.
Notable alumni include Nathan H. Lents (scientist, author, professor), Irene D. Long (physician, NASA), and Jan Garavaglia (chief medical examiner).
Also known as the Gateway to the West, St. Louis city features among the top 20 most-fun cities in the US. The big city with a small-town charm is known for its affordable living, inexpensive housing, entertainment, and myriad amenities.
What can you study at Saint Louis University - School of Medicine?
- MS in Health Data Science
How to secure admission at Saint Louis University - School of Medicine
- Application fee: NIL
- Average GMAT score: 600 +
- Mean TOEFL score: Computer-based (IBT) 80; Paper-based (PBT) 550
- Average UG GPA: 3.85
- Recommendations: Resume of activities and letters of recommendation needed
- Language eligibility test: IELTS, Duolingo, Evidence-based reading and writing of the SAT, English portion of the ACT, GaoKao, Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- Tuition fee: $20,000
- Health service/health insurance: SLUCare SSM
- Books: $1,420
- Transportation: $2,330
- Total annual cost of admission: Up to $42,530
Scholarships for international students at Saint Louis University - School of Medicine
- The American-Scandinavian Foundation (ASF) Fellowships for Study in the USA aim to promote advanced study and research. The applicant must hold citizenship in one of these Scandinavian countries to be eligible
- The P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Fund supports graduate students pursuing full-time studies in the US to obtain a graduate degree. To qualify for this international scholarship, you must currently have at least 1 full year of coursework remaining. It is mandatory to be enrolled on campus for the entire academic year. The scholarship award can reach up to $8,000
St. Louis campus
St. Louis, MO
Humid subtropical climate - with cold winters and hot, humid summers. The temperature typically varies from -3°C/25°F to 32°C/89°F
Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (STL / KSTL)
Central Daylight Time (GMT -5)
Fast facts about Saint Louis University - School of Medicine
- University enrolment numbers 13,500 +
- Alumni: 135,479 in 154 countries and all 50 US states
- Master’s students: 5,109
- International students: 683
- International grad students: 377
- Medical grad students: 700 +
- Countries represented: 82
Saint Louis University - School of Medicine job placement
- The University’s job placement rate stands at 96%, showcasing the institution's commitment to fostering valuable skills
- Engaging in on-campus employment goes beyond simply earning income; it presents a unique opportunity to acquire personal growth, contemplation, and progress
- Career Services offers a wide range of online and in-person resources to facilitate the job search process. Handshake serves as a comprehensive platform, providing access to job and internship postings, information about career fairs and events, on-campus interview opportunities, sample resumes and cover letters
- For newly admitted students, a Handshake account will be automatically generated upon enrolment
- The Billiken Career Launch Program, or Experiential Learning Preparation Program, is tailored to assist all students in participating in experiential learning activities. Students receive online guidance on preparing for and conducting an experiential learning activity search
- The Billiken Horizons Internship Program aims to connect Federal Work-Study eligible students with on-campus employment opportunities aligned with their academic interests.
- The Scholarly Undergraduate Research Grants and Experiences (SURGE) programme connects students with faculty members engaged in research, creative endeavours, and other scholarly projects at SLU. Opportunities within the SURGE programme can be accessed through Handshake under the SURGE employer profile
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Saint Louis University - School of Medicine
Last updated: 30 Nov 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.