NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY
College of Engineering
About the school
North Carolina State University College of Engineering this year celebrated 100 years of engineering. It is one of only two schools to lead two National Science Foundation Engineering Research Centers in the United States, with 24 research centres, institutes, and laboratories. With a focus on engineering and computer sciences, the school’s campus is inclusive of Fitts-Woolard Hall, an engineering building established in 2020. Additionally, the Golden Leaf Biomanufacturing Training and Education Center (BTEC) is a global role model for higher learning institutes and has positioned North Carolina, and the Research Triangle area, as a national biotech leader.
Where is the school located?
North Carolina State University College of Engineering is located in Raleigh, North Carolina and the details are as follows:
Life at the College of Engineering
The College of Engineering is located on an state-of-the-art campus which supports students’ holistic development. Students have access to premier research parks, including Centennial Campus, a global hub bringing together 70 industry, government, and nonprofit partners. Living on campus is an essential part of the college’s experience, and students are required to live in University Housing during their first year. Turlington Hall offers housing for incoming students. Whether it’s in the classroom, at the student union, or in the residence halls, students will find community at NC State.
Additional benefits of studying at the College of Engineering
- Engaging On-campus Activities: Students can visit the Talley Student Union, the hub for student leadership, and Reynolds Coliseum, a multi-purpose arena. The main campus, which is located in the historic heart of NC State, includes North, Central, and South campuses, where students live, attend classes, and share meals.
- Extracurricular Activities: Options encompass residential councils, intramural sports, fraternities and sororities, and craft projects. The activities and community will help students meet new people and develop lifelong friendships.
- Support for Individuals with Disabilities: The NC State community has access to assistive technology through the Disability Resource Office and the NC State Library. The library provides accessible parking, accessible technologies in computer labs, and an Accessible Technology Center.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Southeastern United States
Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU)
Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5)
- Ranked 25th overall in U.S. News graduate rankings (2023)
- Ranked 12th among public institutions in U.S. News graduate rankings (2023)
- Ranked 10th in the U.S. News ranking of online graduate programmes for veterans (2022)
- More than 3,000 programmes and events in the halls dedicated to tutoring and mentoring
Students must submit the following documents during the admission process: - Complete online application - Portfolio and additional essay - Official final transcript from all institutions you attended - Review transfer credits - Official test scores - AP or IB exam scores - Submit to an online/offline interview International students must submit additional requirements to complete a graduate studies application: - Certificate of Financial Responsibility. - Have successfully completed at least one year of full-time study in a degree programme at a four-year US college or university. - Proof of English proficiency: You must obtain the minimum score in the following exams to be eligible- TOEFL Internet-Based exam: 80, IELTS: 6.5, Duolingo: 110. - Exceptions apply if you are a citizen of a country where the official language is English/English was the instruction language for your higher education
- Equal Opportunity Employer: The College of Engineering at NC State offers a range of full-time and part-time job opportunities for students and anyone interested in student and temporary jobs. It is the policy of the State of North Carolina to provide equal opportunity in education and employment for all students and employees without unlawful discrimination in any form against students, employees, or applicants on the grounds of race, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. The university values the benefits of cultural diversity and pluralism in the academic community.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from North Carolina State University - College of Engineering
Last updated: 11 Oct 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.