MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY
College of Basic and Applied Sciences
About the school
Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) traces its origin back to 1911. What started out as a school later evolved into a four-year college, then a state college. It finally achieved the status of a university in 1965. Since then MTSU has expanded its offerings, including several graduate and doctoral programmes. It operates as a locally governed institution. Ranked by the Princeton Review among the top universities in the United States, MTSU is located at Murfreesboro, the sixth largest city in the state of Tennessee. The campus, which spans 541 acres of land, features 134 permanent buildings, including the College of Basic and Applied Sciences (CBAS) which offers Basic Sciences, Mathematics, Computer Science, Aerospace, Agriculture, Engineering Technology, and many more. Notable alumni of the university are musicians Wayne Haun, a producer/songwriter and multi-award winner), Lecrae Moore (Grammy winner), Chad Evans (two-time Grammy winner), and Hillary Scott (American Singer).
Where is the school located?
- City population: 157,519 ### Life at the College of Basic and Applied Sciences The school’s dynamic campus sees students engage in diverse extracurricular activities like sports, dance and other activities through clubs and other organisations. These help foster connections and support the personal and academic growth of students. Additionally, the housing facilities promote community interactions, creating an inclusive, diverse, and supportive home away from home. Students opting to live off-campus have access to a dedicated website to find off-campus housing facilities. Moreover, Campus Dining Services cater to diverse tastes and dietary preferences. Some options include McCallie dining hall, Starbucks, and the Student’s Union food court. Furthermore, the Raider Xpress shuttle service at the college provides convenient and accessible transportation for faculty, staff, students, and visitors throughout the campus, alleviating congestion and enhancing accessibility during class sessions. ### Additional benefits of studying at the College of Basic and Applied Sciences
Diverse Range of Programmes: The university offers 17 undergraduate degrees, including interdisciplinary options, Master's courses and PhD programmes in various departments. CBAS encourages transformative education, faculty excellence, and addressing real-world challenges through applied research.
Extracurricular Activites: The college provides easy access to the city’s attractions including eateries such as the Raider Zone Grill and Market, Papa John's Pizza, and Starbucks. The College also provides the opportunity to take part in activities like intramural sports that contribute to social engagement and well-being.
Murfreesboro, TN campus
Central-southeastern United States
Nashville International Airport
Central Standard Time (GMT -6)
- University enrolment number: 20,000+
- Faculty members: 210
- Undergraduate students: 4000+
- Graduate students: 300
- Alumni network: 148,487
The admission criteria laid down by the College of Basic and Applied Sciences for international applicants are detailed below.
- Completed application
- Bachelor's degree
- Overall undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 (on a 4.00 scale) to be considered for admission.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 on all previous graduate work.
Internationally-educated students must submit additional requirements to complete a graduate studies application:
- Proof of English proficiency: You must obtain the minimum score in the following exams to be eligible- TOEFL Internet-Based exam: 71, IELTS: 6.0, Duolingo: 95, UMELI: 85, and ELS: Level 112 Certificate of Completion.
- GRE, GMAT or MAT
- GPA of 2.75 (Grade Point Average of 4.0 scale)
- Evaluated transcript from a NACES evaluation service for all non-U.S. college/university transcripts.
- Copy of passport photo page showing expiration date
- Proof of financial affidavit of support totalling $36,500
- Career Skills Development: Extensive career support, individual advisors, and career events equip MTSU students with the skills and confidence to succeed in getting job placements.
- Comprehensive Resources: The Career Development Center offers resources that cover essential aspects, from refining pitches to mastering interview techniques. Additionally, online tools like Handshake and CareerShift, allow students to access job and internship opportunities and connect with potential employers, ensuring a strong foundation for professional growth.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Middle Tennessee State University - College of Basic and Applied Sciences
Last updated: 11 Oct 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at email@example.com. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.