ILLINOIS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
College of Computing
About the school
College of Computing is a part of the Illinois Institute of Technology, a private research university based out of Chicago. The College of Computing was founded in 2020. The mission of the college is to ensure that students who are studying there have the ideas and skills that are needed in the realm of computing and data science. The School of Applied Technology is one of the departments in the College of Computing. There are two other departments - Applied Mathematics and the Department of Computer Science.
The School of Applied Technology offers various programs such as Master of Cyber Forensics and Security, Master of Data Science, and Master of Information Technology and Management. The school offers students hands-on projects and real-world experience, due to the school having a faculty with extensive experience and experts in their fields. The motto of this exemplary school is "Learn by Doing".
Location of the School
Located in the great global city of Chicago, the Illinois Institute of Technology is a top-tier, nationally-ranked private research university.
Life at the College of Computing
Life at the Illinois Institute of Technology College of Computing can be rewarding for academic and personal growth. The college offers a wide range of courses that are beneficial for the students. These courses include fields like computer science, information technology, and data science. The school offers many modern facilities, cutting-edge technology, computer labs, and research centres to name just a few. Students will also learn from experienced and professional faculty leaders which will help them to grow not only academically but also personally.
IIT has a number of student organisations that are related to their academic subjects. Joining these organisations will help the students to increase their networking skills and opportunities to develop professionally. There are many seminars and events that are hosted by the college that help students to make valuable connections in the industry. In addition, there are many perks of the location, Chicago, as IIT has access to the vibrant tech industry. Moreover, the college values diversity, such that the students and the faculty from different nations feel included.
Additional Benefits of Studying at the College of Computing
As mentioned above, life at the College of Computing is highly vibrant, but there are many other additional benefits of studying at the school. These benefits include:
- Being a part of a community who are passionate about computing and tech
- Access to the Data Science Research Centre, the Centre for Cyber Security and Forensics Education, and the Innovation Centre
- The opportunity to participate in many extra-curricular activities and organisations such as Data Science Club and Robotics Club
- Benefits from the college's strong industry partnerships and connections
- Offers of on-campus housing facilities which helps students to value the sense of community and convenience
- Research opportunities that students are offered when studying at IIT College of Computing
- Events like hackathons where students can apply classroom experience to practicality
Midwestern United States
Hot humid summers
Chicago Midway (MDW) Airport
- The College of Computing was established in 2020
- The total seats of post-graduates are 900 and climbing yearly
- The retention rate of the first to second year is roughly 85%
- Around 62% of graduate students are international students
- The number of living alumni is 87,300 and growing
- Ranked 127 among national universities
- Ranked 44 among best value schools
The admission criteria for the Illinois Institute of Technology College of Computing are designed to welcome a wide range of bright minds. The criteria are explained below:
- Undergraduate GPA 3.0/4.0 (or its equivalent) for regular admission
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- All documents must be uploaded in PDF format on the online portal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Original transcripts, individual mark sheets, or electronic transcripts directly from the institution
- Professional statement (refer to the official website for the questions)
- Two letters of recommendation
International students must meet the following additional requirements:
- Must send one to twenty documents within seven to ten days of the admission decision
- Apply before the deadline (check the academic calendar on the official website)
- After enrolment applicants must pay a non-refundable tuition deposit
- Submitting financial support documents
- TOEFL, PTE, IELTS, or DET scores are a must (valid for 2 years)
- TOEFL minimum 70 (internet-based). Minimum 550 (paper-based)
- IELTS 5.5 minimum
- PTE 47 minimum
- DET 95-109 (students to take English Assessment test on the campus)
The College of Computing has a dedicated team of career services. This team provides students with the proper guidance they need while applying for any job. Additionally, the team works hand-in-hand with students to identify their strengths and weaknesses. The college hosts many career fairs, which help recruiters to find suitable candidates. The events that are organized by the college for better placements are as follows:
- Virtual employer panels
- Career talks
- Virtual company spotlights.
- Hackathons and competitions
- Resume review sessions
- Mock interview session
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Illinois Institute of Technology - College of Computing
Last updated: 07 Dec 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.