What you need to know for your University of Leuven - Vlerick Business School loan
- No co-signer, collateral or guarantor required
- 150 nationalities eligible
- Loans available for current and incoming international students
- No up-front fee
- 6 month grace period after classes end for full-time programs
- No fees for early repayment
- Get a provisional loan decision within 5 business days
What programs are supported?
- Master in General Management
- Master in Financial Management
- Master in Marketing Management
- Master in International Management and Strategy
- Master in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Is your program not listed above? Let us know. We will review the program and, if possible, we will add it as well.
Refinancing of existing loans available soon! Interested? Let us know.
How much can I borrow?
- Up to 100% of cost of tuition minus scholarships minus sponsorship. Loans can only be used to cover tuition (as provided by the school)
- Minimum loan size is €10,000
- All loans disbursed directly to the school in accordance with tuition due dates
- Loans are available in EUR
What is my rate?
- 5.5 - 8.5% (fixed) over the 3-month Euribor base rate (variable). Rates are dependent on individual applicant profiles.
- See below for representative APR and representative example. Why is APR important? Details here.
Are there fees?
- Fee of 2.5% of the loan amount (minimum of €500) is added to the loan amount and fully amortized.
How do I repay the loan?
- The loan is repaid in monthly payments after your grace period has ended.
- For full-time students the grace period is 6 months after classes end.
- For part-time students the grace period is 3 months after the last disbursement.
- The repayment period is either 7 or 10 years, depending on your programme and application.
- There are no fees or penalties for early repayment!
- What are my repayment options?
Is there a deadline to apply?
- No, but try to submit an application at least one month before the loan needs to be disbursed to your school to ensure timely disbursement.
Are there nationalities Prodigy Finance cannot lend to?
- Yes, unfortunately. While Prodigy Finance is able to lend to students from 150 nationalities, here is a list of the currently restricted nationalities.
- Belgian citizens and permanent residents of Belgium are ineligible. In addition, non-permanent residents who have lived and worked in Belgium for one or more years prior to study are also unfortunately ineligible for funding at this time.
Would you like to hear from our current students who are using Prodigy Finance loans to fund their studies? There are quite a few in this video and you can get in touch with a few of them through our Ambassadors programme.
The below provides an example of a Prodigy loan for the MBA programme in EUR:
Loan size: €25,000
Interest rate: 7.50% over 3-month EURIBOR (Libor varies over the duration of the loan. As of October 8, 2017 it is 0.00%)
Representative APR: 8.40% variable APR, factoring in all fees and the effects of interest.
Fees: Administrative fee of 2.5%, or €625. This fee will be added to the total loan amount and fully amortised for a total credit of €25,625
Duration: Repayment period of 7 years, plus the study period of 12 months and a grace period of 6 months = 102 months.
Total amount payable: €36,310
Amount of each monthly repayment: €432.27
Please note the following when you consider taking your loan:
Loans denominated in a currency other than the currency of your tuition and/or the currency of your post-Master degree salary, may be affected by fluctuations in foreign exchange rates. Prodigy Finance is not responsible for any differences in amounts that these currency fluctuations may cause, and does not benefit from any currency appreciation or depreciation.