About the school
Ranked amongst the top law schools in the United States, Georgetown Law Center is renowned for its rigorous academic programmes. The prestigious school is located in the heart of the US capital, Washington, DC. and remains the school of choice for those embarking on a legal career.
Students enrolling in Georgetown Law Center gain various advantages, including close proximity to the capital city, celebrated faculty, an influential network, and much more. Moreover, Georgetown Law also offers a dynamic blend of academia, advocacy, and opportunity.
Where is the school located?
Georgetown Law is located in the heart of Washington, D.C. Because of its location, the school enjoys unparalleled access to government agencies, courts, and legal opportunities.
Life at Law Center
Georgetown Law Center offers an environment conducive to legal exploration and personal growth. Classroom discussions and debates help to foster sharp intellects which can enhance students’ legal skills. Furthermore, experienced faculty are always on-hand to support students in reaching their academic goals. Beyond the classroom, there are ample opportunities to meet fellow students from diverse backgrounds and to focus on personal well-being.
Additional benefits of studying at Law Center
There are many benefits of studying at Georgetown Law; these include:
Distinguished Alumni Network: Access to accomplished alumni that have excelled in various legal fields, providing a powerful network for mentorship and career opportunities.
Diverse Range of Programs: Choose from an array of programme tailored specially to your interest, from international law to public interest advocacy.
Academic Development: Students have access to clinics, internships, and study abroad programs. They can also participate in many student organisations, law journals, and various leadership roles to develop collaborative skills. Moreover, they receive guidance from professors who are leaders in their respective fields.
Career Opportunities: Situated in the heart of D.C., the school offers opportunities to tap into internships, externships and jobs offered due to its prime location. You can also benefit from dedicated career services that will guide you throughout your legal journey.
Hands-on Experience: Get experience representing real clients facing real legal challenges in the school's clinical course.
Washington, D.C campus
Central Eastern United States
Humid and Subtropical
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
Eastern Time Zone (GMT-4)
- Students from 70+ countries
- 19 legal clinics on campus
- 12 dual degree programmes at the school
- Student-faculty ratio of 9 to 1 (full-time faculty)
- 217 full-time faculty and 658 part-time faculty at Georgetown Law
- 15 international exchange programmes at the school
- There are 12 student-run academic journals
Georgetown Law's admission requirements include the following -
- Online application
- Resume/ CV (must include work experience, extracurricular or volunteer activities, academic institutions attended, and any academic honours or awards)
- Applicants must register with LSAC's Credential Assembly Service (CAS). Official transcripts from attended schools must be submitted to LSAC by the respective institutions.
- Applicants must provide a valid LSAT, GRE, or GMAT score taken within the last five years.
- Personal statement
- One letter of recommendation is required
- Must meet the university's English proficiency standard
International students must meet the following additional requirements:
- Proof of English proficiency: You must obtain the minimum score in the following exams to be eligible- TOEFL Paper-Based exam: 550, TOEFL Internet-Based exam: 80, IELTS: 7.0.
- Effective Job Placement Programmes: Georgetown Law offers strong job placements with 97% of students able to secure employment within 10 months of graduation. Graduates find opportunities in diverse legal fields, including prestigious law firms, government agencies, nonprofits, and many more. Impressively, 431 law firms currently hire students from Georgetown Law. The school supports students for a career in the legal field by providing a supportive alumni network and exceptional career services.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Georgetown University - Law Center
Last updated: 11 Oct 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.