Baylor Law School
About the school
Baylor University Law School founded in 1845, is one of the most esteemed law schools nationwide and a distinguished professional institution. It is dedicated to helping students achieve professional excellence to succeed in courtrooms, boardrooms, and communities worldwide. Established in 1849, it is the second oldest law school west of the Mississippi River.
The school integrates theoretical knowledge with practical skills, fostering a profound commitment to service and ethical responsibility. It offers renowned programs, including Juris Doctor, various Joint Degree Programs, and Executive LL.M. in Litigation Management to help career-driven students accomplish their goals.
Where is the school located?
Baylor Law School is affiliated with Baylor University in Waco, Texas, USA. The private Christian university hosts the law school on the scenic Brazos River bank.
Life at Baylor Law School
Baylor Law School presents various student life activities which capture the dynamic spirit within its vibrant academic landscape. Its century-old Practice Court Programme is a standout feature, highly regarded for teaching trial advocacy skills. The faculty comprises experienced judges, lawyers, and scholars committed to guiding students and the community.
The school follows a unique quarter system that lets students finish their degree in only 27 months. Beyond its innovative academic curriculum, the Baylor Law experience furnishes various facilities to provide an exceptional learning experience. Students are encouraged to cultivate essential professional acumen and leadership qualities, forge connections with like-minded peers, and unlock avenues for community engagement.
Several student organisations are available to help you interact and engage with people with similar interests. Student Bar Association, SBA Executive Board, American Constitution Society, Asian American Law Student Association, LGBTQ+ Law Student Association, and Baylor Public Interest Legal Society, among many others, allow students to put their theoretical knowledge into practice.
Additional benefits of studying at Baylor Law School
Baylor University Law School extends a comprehensive array of advantages to its students. Here are some benefits that students can expect when they enroll at Baylor University Law School:
Financial Aid: Baylor Law School offers numerous financial aid programs. These encompass both merit-based and need-based scholarships, grants, federal educational loans, as well as alternative loans provided by diverse private lenders.
Joint Degree Programs: Baylor Law School provides a range of joint degree programs to blend legal expertise with diverse disciplines. These include Joint Juris Doctor/Master of Business Administration, Joint Juris Doctor/Master of Divinity, and Joint Juris Doctor/Master of Taxation, among other programs.
Professional Tracks of Study: Baylor Law School extends fifteen distinct "Professional Tracks of Study." These pathways empower students to tailor their academic journey based on their passions and vocational aspirations.
Baylor Counseling Center: All Baylor students have access to the Counseling Center. The Counseling Services ensure and enhance mental health and well-being to facilitate the educational experience and personal development.
South Central region of the United States
Subtropical humid climate
Waco Regional Airport (ACT)
Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)
- Ranked 77 among National Universities according to the U.S. News & World Report.
- Recognised as a "Research 1" institution by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
- Kiplinger's 2018 list of Best Values in Private Colleges ranks Baylor as No. 61 in the nation.
- Among the only three law schools honoured with the esteemed Pro Bono Publico Award by the American Bar Association.
- The renowned advocacy programme ranked second in the US by U.S. News and World Report.
The law school application comprises two distinct components: the Credential Assembly Service law school report (CAS report) and the electronic application (E-app) segment. Here are the stipulated requisites for each of these sections:
- Online application form
- CAS Report: You need to register on the Credential Assembly Service (CAS). It will comprise of the following:
- Submit a degree from a US-accredited university or an equivalent degree issued by a foreign university. They must submit all the official transcripts
- Official transcripts from every higher education institution attended prior to matriculation at Baylor Law.
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT) Score: The scores which are not older than 5 years will be accepted by the admission committee.
- Letters of Recommendation: One letter of recommendation is needed, but the school will accept up to three letters.
- Character and Fitness Questions: The applicants must complete a series of questions regarding their character and fitness to practice law. If you respond to a question affirmatively, you need to provide an addendum to explain the affirmation.
- Personal Statement
- Addenda: It should highlight your academic history, LSAT achievements, and life experiences that you deem will bolster your application.
- Resume/ CV ### Guidance for international students
- GPA 3.0
- GRE (required for Direct Admission)
- Transcripts Submission: All international applicants must submit their transcripts directly to LSAC. However, if you accomplished your foreign degree as part of a study abroad, consortium, or exchange programme endorsed by a US or Canadian institution, and this information is explicitly stated on your home campus transcript, you are exempt from submitting a foreign transcript through LSAC JD Credential Assembly Service (JD CAS). In this case, your regular transcript via the CAS will be sufficient.
- Proof of English proficiency: You must obtain the minimum score in the following exams to be eligible- TOEFL written exam: 590, TOEFL Internet-Based exam: 60 (80 for Direct Admission) and IELTS: 5.5 (6.5 for Direct Admission)
The requirements can vary and may require additional documents depending on the program. Please refer to the official website to learn detailed and updated admissions and financial aid information.
Baylor Law School provides ample career opportunities for students to establish an exciting career path.
Expert Career Support: The school has a dedicated Career Development Office (CDO) that works alongside the students from the start of their programmme to the end. The CDO also organises job fairs so that students can connect with employers. Students can also utilise its job platform, Symplicity, to apply for part-time and full-time positions at private and public firms.
Comprehensive Skills Development: The school also conducts on-campus interviews every spring or fall during which employers are invited to the campus to offer full-time and permanent employment. Additionally, the development centre also helps students to develop professional skills and helps them get internship opportunities to get hands-on experience in their respective field.
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Baylor University - Baylor Law School
Last updated: 11 Oct 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.