INDIANA UNIVERSITY - PURDUE UNIVERSITY INDIANAPOLIS
IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law
The McKinney School of Law in Indianapolis is one of the oldest and most reputed institutes offering law education. The institute is over 125 years old and still moving forward, creating the best lawyers to serve the communities. The institute is the only law school in Indianapolis striving to commit to accessibility, affordability, diversity, and excellence in public legal education. As a hub for scholarly research and legal education, the McKinney School of Law benefits its students and the general public. The institute expects students to relentlessly follow their respective courses while simultaneously immersing themselves in public service and community engagement. It helps students develop a sense of integrity and makes them aware of the continuously evolving legal profession.
Location of the School
IUPUI holds this institute on its campus, in Lawrence W. Inlow Hall. The address is 530 W. New York Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202.
Life at IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law
The IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law offers students a unique opportunity before joining the institute. With "Law School 101" and "Law School 201", students aspiring to advance their careers in law can visit the institute virtually or in person. In Law School 101, students can explore what they can do with a law degree, different law careers, and how to prepare for law school. The institute offers a tour for students who wish to visit in person. Students can learn about the application process and establish a timeline for completing the application in the Law School 201 programme. It also helps them with tips on scheduling for the LSAT and how to prepare for that. Additionally, students can learn from whom they should get their letters of recommendation and how to write an effective personal statement. Both of these programmes can help students understand life at the IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law in a better way.
Additional Benefits of Studying at IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law
- While learning at IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law, students are empowered with sufficient knowledge to help them transform lives
- The broad syllabus covers all aspects of law studies, from fundamentals to the most complex concepts. And all this with practical experiences to help the student succeed in the profession
- Students are able to explore several legal specialities through the institute's centres and programmes
- The experiential learning opportunity enables the students to work on real cases
- The institute's Office of Professional Development helps students with job searches
- The Pro Bono Programme by the institutes benefits the students by helping them provide public service and identify the needs of the underprivileged sections of society
- The institute offers an intranet facility for students to explore study material, as well as provides audio-visual equipment if required for class or events
- Students can join any student organisation depending on their interests and hobbies
- Students can participate in one or many events as they choose
Eastern United States
- Chosen by PreLaw Magazine as the top school for health law for 2022/2023 -Chosen by PreLaw Magazine as the top criminal law school for 2022/2023 -Chosen by PreLaw Magazine as the best school for human rights law for 2022/2023 -Chosen by PreLaw Magazine as the top public service school for 2021/2022 -Chosen by PreLaw Magazine as the top intellectual property law school in 2023 -Chosen by PreLaw Magazine as the school with the best buildings in 2022 -Chosen by PreLaw Magazine as the school with the best practical training in 2021 -Chosen by PreLaw Magazine as the top school for environmental law in 2021
- Chosen by the National Jurist as the best LLM honour roll school in 2023
- Students must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Students must take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- They must register with the Credential Assembly Service (CAS) through the Law School Admission Council
- Students can determine their fees by visiting the school websit.
Guidance for international students
-International applicants must apply through the online application at www.lsac.org/jd-applicants/steps-apply-jd-programs - International applicants must complete the Indiana University Graduate Application at http://iapply.iupui.edu/ - Students must submit all transcripts through the LSAC JD Credential Assembly Service - Students completing post-secondary work outside the US or Canada can use the Credential Assembly Service to get their foreign transcripts evaluated - Students must have ETS or IELTS scores and should send their TOEFL or IELTS scores to LSAC. The exemption to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores is for students who have studied in non-USA English-speaking countries
The institute assists students in applying for jobs. They can access the institute's online career centre, McKinney Works. In addition, they can view the resource library of worksheets and videos, discuss with career coaches, and register for events. - The institute helps the students sharpen their interview skills - The institute conducts on-campus interviews, enabling students to meet their prospective employers - The institute's website lists names of professional organizations where law students are in demand
Prodigy Finance offers borderless financing to international students. There is no need to provide guarantors, collateral, or cosigners. Furthermore, there are no hidden fees! Our loan facilities include no penalties for early repayment and a 6-month grace period after graduating from full-time study.
Realise your dream with a Masters programme from Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis - IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law
Last updated: 26 Sept 2023
The purpose of this page is to provide prospective students with basic information about the school and a selection of Courses offered by the school. Whilst we have carefully compiled the overview, Prodigy Finance does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies mistakes, omisions or outdated information in the guide and we encourage prospective students and other readers to consult with the schools's website for further information. Prodigy Finance does not have any affiliation or contractual arrangement with the school. If you are a student and need more information about applying for a loan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other other queries about this page can be sent to email@example.com.